turkeys for tomorrow

Horrible season until today

Started by mason3toes, April 09, 2016, 11:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mason3toes

Tough season to say the least but I finally scored. Official pics coming later

harleytom

xarcher

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

mason3toes

Thanks guys, he is just a short spurred public land mountain bird but im dang proud of him.

mason3toes

I also got his rocks. My dad collects old colored mason jars and i plan to get one from him to keep/display my rock collection.

FullChoke

First off, CONGRATULATIONS on that fine bird!

Secondly, I just asked our team mate, Surehuntsalot last weekend if turkeys picked up gravel for their crops like quail. I had never examined their innards all that closely, so this appears to have answered my question about that. It is very interesting how round some of those are. That shows the pressures that thay can exert on the foods that pass through.

Now, go get some more stones.   :icon_thumright:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

eddie234

Congrats

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

mason3toes

Quote from: FullChoke on April 10, 2016, 04:52:58 AM
First off, CONGRATULATIONS on that fine bird!

Secondly, I just asked our team mate, Surehuntsalot last weekend if turkeys picked up gravel for their crops like quail. I had never examined their innards all that closely, so this appears to have answered my question about that. It is very interesting how round some of those are. That shows the pressures that thay can exert on the foods that pass through.

Now, go get some more stones.   :icon_thumright:
Took you advice and got an upgrade this morning. Pics after church!

FC

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

old frank

BHMTitan

Did the rocks come from the gizzard or stomach?

mason3toes

Gizzard although he did have 2 fresh ones in his crawl.