OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hanks, Schaffer and Lonzo for sale  (Read 47849 times)

Offline gergg

• Longbeard
Re: Hanks, Schaffer and Lonzo for sale
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2016, 05:03:06 PM »
Update.....Glenn--aka "gar" did respond to my text this morning, he sincerely apologized and explained that a personal issue came up that consumed him.....said he will ship my call Tuesday, hopefully that happens.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Offline SteelerFan

• Double Beard
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2016, 08:18:19 PM »
Hope it works out for you guys. Life emergencies do happen, but not taking 2 minutes (or 30 seconds) to let someone know about a delay, especially after taking their money...is unacceptable, in my opinion.

Offline gergg

• Longbeard
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2016, 08:49:03 PM »
Hope it works out for you guys. Life emergencies do happen, but not taking 2 minutes (or 30 seconds) to let someone know about a delay, especially after taking their money...is unacceptable, in my opinion.
Exactly

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls

Offline Scott Hock

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2016, 09:05:49 PM »
He did the same thing to me back in July. Wouldn't answer at all. Had another guy on here at the same time and we hooked up and bombarded him with messages. It took over a month, but I did get the calls . Vowed then and there to never do business with him again and haven't. He used the same type of excuse back then. Learned a good lesson from this one. I hope you get your calls.

Offline bunk

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2016, 07:45:59 PM »
He should be banned from the classifieds! jmo

Offline Brantleyville

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2016, 09:27:31 PM »
I was the other member that was involved in a bad deal with gar mid last year at the same time as Scott Hock. Luckily Scott and I determined that we both were being held at bay by gar and shared notes and future efforts until we both received our calls. I finally received the calls 3+ weeks after payment and numerous messages. I have had many wonderful deals on this site and mailed calls before payment was received. I appreciate the safeguards that Shannon has put in place for future deals.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:59:13 AM by Brantleyville »

Offline Triple B

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2016, 07:04:01 AM »
He should be banned from the classifieds! jmo
It won't be easy for him to ever be trusted again as far as selling,
good luck with that. He might have a legit reason for the delay, who knows. But this is at least 4 members that have had issues with Gar not sending calls, long after he received payment.
I would venture to say, he pretty much banned himself.

Offline SteelerFan

• Double Beard
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2016, 03:15:28 PM »
I to sent him a text and he reply "will ship Tuesday" so we will see. But now that I have his cell phone number I will make his life hell if he doesn't ship and give me a tracking number

"...will ship Tuesday" Good luck!!

:popcorn: 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:16:59 PM by SteelerFan »

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 11:15:16 AM »
he's offered me trades before but I never took him up on any, glad I did now stinks you guys got the end around for weeks.

This is such a great community to buy, sell, and trade I always enjoy the friendly interactions I have with all my turkey call addict brethren
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Hanks, Schaffer and Lonzo for sale
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2016, 11:19:59 AM »
It was a matter of time until PayPal gift bit someone in the behind. It is not a gift so do not send money that way.

Sent from the Strut Zone
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2016, 01:44:20 PM »
It was a matter of time until PayPal gift bit someone in the behind. It is not a gift so do not send money that way.

Sent from the Strut Zone

agreed, if you want more to cover the fee put that into your asking price the same as you factor shipping in.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Bowhuntr73

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • "Conflict is the only Solution"
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2016, 02:34:13 PM »
Well its a sad time when you can't rely on others to do what is right and honest. Those who have been following the drama around this con will be aware to stay away from his posts, but for the new members I will be the first to post "beware" when he does!

Offline Triple B

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2016, 03:55:54 PM »
he's offered me trades before but I never took him up on any, glad I did now stinks you guys got the end around for weeks.

This is such a great community to buy, sell, and trade I always enjoy the friendly interactions I have with all my turkey call addict brethren
I fully agree. Very rare to see any issues here with buying, selling, trading, regardless of what end of the transaction you might be on. So when it does happen, we all sit up and take notice. Shannon goes above and beyond to make this site what it is. Sad when some takes advantage of it, hence the no more Pay Pal as  gift...

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2016, 05:46:09 PM »
Someone mentioned earlier about adding $2-$3 per transaction. The best way to handle this is to simply add 3% to the transaction if requested by the seller. That's the fees that they incur. For example, a $50 transaction becomes $51.50. A $100 transaction becomes $103. $20 becomes $20.60 and so on. This will cover their fees charged by PayPal.

Offline gergg

• Longbeard
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2016, 06:43:10 PM »
Well, I am happy to report that I finally got my refund from ""gar" today. This transaction has not discouraged me from future selling/buying, hey I love this place.

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls