OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hanks, Schaffer and Lonzo for sale  (Read 47860 times)

Offline Bowhuntr73

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • "Conflict is the only Solution"
Re: Hanks, Schaffer and Lonzo for sale
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 06:19:29 PM »
You can open a case on his paypal account. They will stop payment and cancel his account till resolved. Also kills his credit report.

Offline eorlando

• Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 06:40:45 PM »
Even if I paid as gift?
Nope. I hate to say it but I think you SOL. Sucks.

Offline Buzzkiller

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 07:20:41 PM »
It should be a O.G. rule in classifieds Paypal goods only!!!
Add $2 to $3

Offline MattinIdaho

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 07:46:33 PM »
It should be a O.G. rule in classifieds Paypal goods only!!!
Add $2 to $3

That protects everyone. I don't want to get paid as a gift or pay as a gift.

Offline MattinIdaho

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »
Well I have kind of gave up on getting the the Hanks pot that I paid for on 04/08/16. I hope this never happens to anyone else. To trust someone and have them not stick to their word. If anyone knows this guy "gar" can you please PM me with his info. Thanks again

That blows man!!! Sucks you got taken. Even if he makes good now it's a bad deal:( Hope it ends up in your hands somehow.

Offline SteelerFan

• Double Beard
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 08:07:24 PM »
Seems odd...

He joined over a year ago, 75% ? of his posts are buy / sell / trade related. Hasn't been on here since the 16th - which is 8 days after payment from MDTom84 & gergg!!. That alone stinks!

Hmmmm... sick? or thief?

Might be one of those occasions where someone needs to check on him to see if he's okay...(and if he is, kick him in the dinger).

???

Offline Bowhuntr73

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • "Conflict is the only Solution"
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 08:16:57 PM »
 :icon_thumright:

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 10:19:52 PM »
Allrighty guys

Glenn aka gar has all his personal information(known) posted for the whole world to see , email ....... Ip # feel free to take a look at it , it's in the main call  classifieds section

We are going to insist that when you are dealing with private individuals , do not do PayPal "gift " in fact I will think about making it mandatory

I'm not done with this ........something will come of this ....
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline bunk

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 10:20:43 PM »
He had a post on here wanting to buy Woodhaven strikers and I traded one with him. He was supposed to mail his the same day I mailed mine and he didn't mail it until the day after he got mine. Wouldn't respond to my text either. I let him know how I felt about him. Started to post on here but decided not to ster the pot with him. Maybe I should have. It could  have saved someone some headaches. His name is Glenn Rowe and I had his address and cell number but not anymore. From SC. If I remember right.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:37:39 PM by bunk »

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2016, 10:44:13 PM »
He had a post on here wanting to buy Woodhaven strikers and I traded one with him. He was supposed to mail his the same day I mailed mine and he didn't mail it until the day after he got mine. Wouldn't respond to my text either. I let him know how I felt about him. Started to post on here but decided not to ster the pot with him. Maybe I should have. It could  have saved someone some headaches. His name is Glenn Rowe and I had his address and cell number but not anymore. From SC. If I remember right.
send me his information , please !

Thank you so much !!!!   :icon_thumright:

-Shannon

Offline bunk

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2016, 11:01:56 PM »
I wish I could. I was so mad after our trade I kept  his number in my phone for a week. Don't know what I thought I was going to do over the phone. I was just mad! I finally decided the best thing to do was delete it and forget about him. I wonder if I could get my phone records from verizon. I know the day I texted him.

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2016, 06:01:06 AM »
I got his phone #........ guys  :fire:

-Shannon

Offline KYHeadhunter02

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 10:20:24 AM »
I hate to see this. Hopefully someone can get him on the phone and get a reasonable explanation.

Offline Triple B

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2016, 10:43:10 AM »
I hate to see this. Hopefully someone can get him on the phone and get a reasonable explanation.
It would have to be a whopper at this point. I'm sure that this is the last thing Shannon wants to deal with, as he runs the best hunting forum on the web, and you just don't see this seldom and never here at OG. You don't want to believe that this was intentional, but who knows.

Being in law enforcement as long as I have, nothing is a surprise to me anymore.
I'm not a big seller,trader ect., but I have sold and traded for a few here and there. Like most guys on here, it all goes very well regardless of what end you are on.
There may be an explanation like you said, but after this long you begin to wonder.

Offline gergg

• Longbeard
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2016, 11:08:18 AM »
I was one of the buyers in this case, like MDTOM84 I paid via Paypal gift on 4/8/16.... "gar" did reply to me via pm one time early on saying he was going to ship the call, of course that never happened and he never responded after that. Alarm bells went off early in the transaction as there were signs that I was dealing with a "difficult" individual. Shannon's request to not use the gift feature makes sense after this unfortunate situation. Hey, I only lost $50.00, could have been worse....yeah, it is totally a sleazy move, but not sure I want to get all worked up over the loss at this point. I will email and call him for sure, curious to see what happens.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls