North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Y'all been hunting this week?

Started by Tennessee Lead, April 08, 2016, 12:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Lead

I haven't been since Saturday morning.
I'm about to bust at the seems to get back in the woods.
I wanted to sneak in a hunt before church Sunday and an evening or two after work but it didn't happen.
Looks like it's going to be cold Saturday morning. I tend to like the cool mornings hopefully I can find an upgrade.
Heard several birds Saturday morning last weekend.

Jwall

Man I haven't had a chance to get back out there either. I think I've been fighting off the flu or flu like symptoms but headed back to east tn this weekend for the oak ridge hunt.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

reflexl

I called in a monster bird for a buddy Saturday then took his son Sunday. scouted some this week. Found a bird for tomorrow morning.

TNTRKYHunter

Killed a good bird this morning. Definitely will be an upgrade. Will post up some pics later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNTRKYHunter

22.7 lbs
Spurs 1 3/8"
            1 1/4
Beard 9.5"

darn2ten

Congrats TNTRKYHunter! I haven't got to hunt since last weekend. Took a different job this year and just don't have near the time I use to have to hunt during the week. Going to get after them in the morning though, looking for a upgrade.

Tennessee Lead

reflexl

Great bird!

I accidentally shot a jake this morning. 2 jakes and a long beard were acting like they were on dope weaving in and out of trees. I got on the wrong head and boom! I will get him scored. I am hoping for a up-grade in the morning.

TNTRKYHunter

Thanks fellas!! This bird was definitely an old wary bird. He never gobbles on the roost. Only gobbled three times on the ground. Thankfully I pulled the hens in that he was with. Good luck everyone!!

TNTRKYHunter

Quote from: reflexl on April 09, 2016, 10:08:56 AM
Great bird!

I accidentally shot a jake this morning. 2 jakes and a long beard were acting like they were on dope weaving in and out of trees. I got on the wrong head and boom! I will get him scored. I am hoping for a up-grade in the morning.
Been there done that reflexl!!