OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Jelly Head vs. Original Mad Max

Started by mcgruff1533, April 02, 2011, 03:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgruff1533

I've been scouring the web for a new choke to shoot my stockpile of Federal Mag Shok with the Flite Control Wad.

In my search, I've noticed the Jelly Head choke and the Original Mad Max are very similar in appearance.    The ports are in the same location and seem to be exactly the same shape.     Are these chokes the same internally, and is one a direct rip-off of the other?

I see the Super Mad Max also bears a strong resemblance to the Indian Creek BDS, which makes me think M.A.D. Calls is copying other companies products and marketing them as their own.

Any thoughts fellas?

goblr77

The Mad Max is made by Indian Creek.

Gobble!

I think it's a bad idea to shoot either of those with the flight control wad. Look for a choke without ports.

TauntoHawk

from what ive read ported chokes are counter productive with flight control wads.. you'll what a straight choke and use ported with non flight controlled wads

just from what i understand
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: goblr77 on April 02, 2011, 06:04:28 PM
The Mad Max is made by Indian Creek.

Correct.  And Indian Creek made the MAD Super Max chokes for MAD.  MAD chokes is now owned by Flambeau.