OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Opening weekend in the books!!  (Read 2156 times)

Offline TN Beard Buster

Opening weekend in the books!!
« on: April 03, 2016, 10:22:01 PM »
Well guys, here I sit getting ready for bed after a tiring weekend off and on in the woods! I have to be honest, it's one the worst I've ever had in my 30+ years of hunting!! I have not heard one single gobble in the woods and the only turkey I've seen flew outta of tree as I was walking in this morning. I did see a stud in a field from the road yesterday and today, but nowhere I can hunt!! I'm not stressing about it cause I've go 6 weeks to find em and pull something together. A big CONGRATS to the successful teams members who scored!! I promise to to my best to put us in the top slot this year!! I've got a three day weekend every weekend of season!! I also get off at 4:00 each day and I'll go to my private ground a few afternoons to make something happen!! I've been blessed the last couple seasons with 60+ point bird to help out!! Let's do this thang!!!

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 12:05:28 AM »
Hang in there
You'll get into em.
I didn't go today. Got up a little late and decided to stay and rest before church.
Huntaholic smashed another stud today. Wish he could enter both lol he's just shy of 6" of Spurs in two birds lol.
I may try and sneak a couple evening hunts in after work. I can be in the woods just before 6 so should give me about an hour to find one.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Opening weekend in the books!!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 10:28:46 AM »
Great job guys!!!!!!!!! I ended up helping a buddy and his son this weekend. I called for them and managed to call up a 3 bearded monster.Just luck. I have talked to some of the members that haven't posted lately. They have just been busy but will join in the hunt this week. Once again great job guys.

Offline TNTRKYHunter

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 01:55:35 PM »
Hang in the Beard Buster. You will get another great bird this year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TNTRKYHunter

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 09:47:27 PM »
Great job reflexl. I am sure your buddy and his son were very pleased with that bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk