OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turkeywhacker's guide service scores on the first morning out  (Read 2180 times)

Offline TURKEYWHACKER

• The Boss Gobbler
As you know, my Florida limit is done but there's no way I can stay home. So I took my Dad to a spot Blackmagic and I found last Saturday. At the end of a raised tram, the hardwood bottom is heavily shaded and just screams turkey. My father is less than 3 weeks away from turning 72 years old and I try to help him however I can with hunting. I'm sure we were the only truck with a game cart strapped to the hitch haul. We loaded my big hub blind, 2 bag chairs, 3 decoys, 2 turkey vests and a soft cooler onto our cart and made the trek into the bottom. Placing my AvianX hens and a 1/4 strut jake in a grassy strip about 18 yards from the blind, we waited for grey light. Dad spotted a gobbler trailing 2 hens about 80 yards out. No sweet talking would pull him away from his ladies. Around 8:25am, I heard a gobbler cluck to out right. Suddenly a bird appears on the tram, walks off of it and heads our way. Dad moves his gun to the proper window and prepares for a shot. Dad says "I can take him now", so I give him the go ahead. BOOM, the bird flips on his back with his feet in the air and doesn't move. 44 yards, 15.1lb, 10 3/4" beard and 1 1/8" spurs. Dad is one happy man.
Hopefully we can get the drop on a problem bird named Pablo that is haunting Blackmagic's dreams.

Offline Dr Juice

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Turkeywhacker's guide service scores on the first morning out
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 05:15:52 AM »
Great job and congrats with a nice bird!

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 09:13:26 PM »
Great job congrats to your Dad. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Offline blackmagic

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 10:43:08 PM »
Congrats again to you guys.  That spot sure was sweet and we knew a bird would come out of there. Wish I could have made it, but my d@mn truck had other ideas....

Oh yeah...death to Pablo :fud:

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 12:21:20 PM »
Great job Turkeywhacker!! I'm thrilled for you and your Dad.  :icon_thumright: