turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

stoeger 2000 how do they compare?

Started by slicksbeagles1, April 02, 2011, 12:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicksbeagles1

how do the stoeger 2000's compare to there more pricey brothers? how do they hold up? since they have been replaced by the 3500 i think is the model number you can get some good deals on the 2000.

msgobblergetter

I've had mine for about 8 Years now, and no real problems.  I did have to replace the factory plug with a replacement.  When i purchased my 2000 the factory plug was an aluminum rod riveted into a steal ring, which did not hold up long... Since then, stoeger has replaced it with a better plug.  Also, it will cycle any load consistently as long as the shell is has over 1 ounce of shot.  It does not do well with cheap shells like winchester super speed.  Also, if you plan on using the 2000 for turkey hunting, it is almost certain that you will need to install an adjustable set of sights to get POI correct.  Other than that, its been a great gun for me.  Oh yeah.... Recoil is not pleasant with turkey loads either...May need to get a aftermarket recoil pad to tame it down some.

TScottW99

I bought mine 6+ years ago, mainly for waterfowl hunting.  It has been 100% reliable shooting from the dove fields to the turkey woods to the frozen waterfowl seasons.  I love mine and have thought about adding the 3500 just to have it.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer