OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: This morning  (Read 3410 times)

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
This morning
« on: March 31, 2016, 08:59:15 AM »
Wasn't able to get out and listen but had time to drive by some fields where I hunt and found these two.  When I stopped to take the pic I watched them both gobble their heads off.  Youth weekend is this Sat. and Sun., hopefully they'll give Jayden a shot.  Took him out yesterday afternoon just to make sure he was still comfortable shooting my Mossberg 500, shot some field load and then some old Federal Premium 2 3/4" 6's I still have.  Looking good, 25-30 yards is our max until he gets a little more experience under his belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ILHUNTER

Re: This morning
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 10:35:39 AM »
Got some good prospects there.  Good luck to you and your boy.  I'm taking my boy also this weekend for the youth season, I've heard a few in our area but haven't seen them yet and with the cooler weather it might be tuff, still itching to go though.

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 10:40:27 AM »
Getting close! Glad you got tabs on a couple. Best of luck to ya'll this weekend.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
This morning
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 03:33:54 PM »
Always a good sight to see. Hopefully one will work his way to your boy. Cannot wait for a report and hopefully a few pictures!

Sent from the Strut Zone
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Dr Juice

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
This morning
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 04:25:20 PM »
Good luck and knock 'em dead.

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
This morning
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 08:06:33 AM »
Same field this morning had two gobblers in it by themselves.  Supposed to be very windy on our opener Saturday so this maybe the spot for an all morning sit in a pop up blind. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 09:18:21 AM »
We have had a few windy mornings here, but the birds have been fired up. Hope you have a great opener!

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 09:20:32 AM »
Sounds like a good plan. Good luck!
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer