Remington 870 21" barrel Jellyhead .660 Longbeard 3" #5's

Started by tha bugman, March 28, 2016, 08:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

BrowningGuy88

That ought to lay the hammer on one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dzsmith

ive noticed about 1 out of 3 shots from my longbeards always has the space in the center....I love the longbeards. first year using them, killed 2 turkeys. one at 30 yards and one at 35 yards. smoked a coyote at 40 and dropped him dead.....but the spacing concerns me,
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

batsonbe

Dzsmith or op do you not think that those spaces are caused by blow out? From what ive gathered on here 5s perform best out of a .665 for most

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

dzsmith

Quote from: batsonbe on April 05, 2016, 04:10:43 PM
Dzsmith or op do you not think that those spaces are caused by blow out? From what ive gathered on here 5s perform best out of a .665 for most

ive no clue, I don't shoot 5s I shoot 6s. but the first box I bought didn't do that, the second box is when the spacing started, and the third box. third box wasn't as bad as the second. they did this with a 655 and a 660. but my spacing isn't quite as bad as the ops pic but it still has some and quite often its the dead center of the pattern. 1" or more. its like where you aim the bead is where the space is
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

batsonbe

Ive bought 4 boxes of 3.5 2oz #6 and haven't had an issue similar. Granted there are a few areas where there is a wider gap that I would like. I think is just a choke issue which is why I am still experimenting with mine. My best pattern so far with this load is 269 in a 10. Ive only shot 8 of these shells so I'm still at a pretty early stage in my testing

Izzyjoe

That's a nice pattern, I wouldn't sweat the gap, with 150+ pellets in a 10" it Gona do the job!

Philippe

Starting to blow the pattern with a huge gap like that. I'd honestly try a completely different choke and move closer to a .665-.670 starting point.

Dr Juice