OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 870 Super mag and LB #6's  (Read 6938 times)

Offline batsonbe

Re: 870 Super mag and LB #6's
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 07:35:46 PM »
The smallest amount will make a huge difference. I would try a .660 first unless you purchase a choke from a manufacture that will allow you to exchange after shooting. I purchased a Jebs because they allow you to exchange or return no questions asked. You only have to pay shipping. I don't know too many choke companies that will allow the user to do that

Offline catclr

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2016, 08:32:28 AM »
You might also want to try the 3" LB, they might do better.  As I have always said, just because your gun can shoot 3 1/2" shells, your gun might not like them.

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2016, 02:12:09 PM »
You might also want to try the 3" LB, they might do better.  As I have always said, just because your gun can shoot 3 1/2" shells, your gun might not like them.

Have not noticed that in my gun with Hevi 13 or Winchester shells.

Offline coonhunter

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 03:19:52 PM »
 :z-winnersmiley:

I shot 3" #5 longbeards with 130's in the 10" at 40?  Have not yet tried 3" #6's. 
Joshua 24:15

Offline batsonbe

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2016, 07:32:04 PM »
Jebs is pricey but has an excellent retun policy and exchange. You just pay for shipping. I would go with them or any other choke manufacturer that offers this service to their customers

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2016, 12:51:13 PM »
many chokes out there now days will let you exchange. I know as of a couple years ago indian creek would exchange they may not now though. I never shot one shell worth a toot through an indian creek. ive only had 3 chokes that threw an average or better pattern. my stock modified choke " did very well actually, a jellyhead original 660. it shot most shells very well and improved just about any pattern. The sumtoy 655 just put the cherry on top. just a little better than the jelly head with my stock barrel. but the sumtoy came into major play on my 21" barrel. and not only that , but at 20 yards im not afraid of it. I shoot a golf ball size hole in the target but its got decent density about 8 " around the big hole which is acceptable in my book. it opens up decent at 30 and it perfect at 40. have never shot it at 50. ive no doubt it would kill a turkey, but due to spacing inconsisitencies I see in the long beard shells I would be taking a gamble at 50. but I still think with a good rest it would drop 8 out of 10 birds. my 28" barrel I believe would put one down at 60 but I don't hunt with it, its just a toy. I never knew how nice it would be dragging the 21" barrel through the woods until I tried it this year. makes a big difference
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Offline coonhunter

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 10:26:03 AM »
Looks like this pattern will work!!  30 yards hit him like a ton of bricks!!  11 1/2" beard and 1 1/8" spurs.
Joshua 24:15