OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

choke suggestions for short range

Started by SnapT, March 27, 2016, 11:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Woodsman

SnapT

thanks .   Yeah was considering a different shell for the bottom as well as a mod choke now . Will buy a few in addition to the longbeards .
A smith got back to me and said that he could drill and tap and install a short rail so looks like a sight it is .

cheers

BandedSpur

Shoot a Beretta 686UL O/U. Sumtoy .675 with TSS in the lower barrel for the long stuff. Lt mod. and light load of TSS or Pb 7.5s in upper barrel for the close stuff. B-Square cantilever rib mount with FF III. Bottom barrel shoots a couple of inches low (aim for head), upper barrel hits a couple of inches high (aim for waddles). At 6.75 lbs, the ultimate turkey swatter from 10 yds to way out there.

SnapT

That sounds the perfect O/U(as does the H&K) and is what I am aiming for .

As mentioned above I found a gunsmith who said he can do the rail (still a little worried about installing on a new gun lol) but if he has any reservations when we meet I plan on going the cantilever mount route .

Hitting bass pro tomorrow and will get some non turkey shells I think for the bottom barrel where I think I may want it a little less tight than a turkey shell will give me . Will look at what they have for chokes too (though the gun comes with a few factory ones already)

cheers everyone .