Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Welcome WidowMakers & Introductions

Started by spurman, February 08, 2016, 08:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Near grantsville. My wife is from Cumberland and my in-laws are still there. I lived in Cumberland a few years.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Gobble!

Quote from: Happy on February 19, 2016, 08:10:26 AM
Near grantsville. My wife is from Cumberland and my in-laws are still there. I lived in Cumberland a few years.

Small world. I grew up in Flintstone and do most of my hunting there. Do all of my hunting in Allegheny County.

Happy

Killed a few birds down that way. Used to hunt green ridge with a friend of mine.   Haven't hunted there in years but there used to be a lot of birds there.

Gobble!

Quote from: Happy on February 19, 2016, 03:57:14 PM
Killed a few birds down that way. Used to hunt green ridge with a friend of mine.   Haven't hunted there in years but there used to be a lot of birds there.

If you can kill a bird in green ridge you can kill a bird anywhere. I avoid that place like the plague.

Happy

Ha! Dealing with idiots can be a little tiring. Had one fellow follow us around and on three different set ups he tried to sneak between us and the bird. He busted them every time and finally I had had enough I went stomping down towards him and he took off over the ridge. Never wanted a load of rocksalt in my gun so bad.

West Augusta

I'm Steve and the last Original Widowmaker I believe.  I'm 57 and quit my job last October and moved 2 1/2 hours away and took another job so I'm setting up house and trying to get my shop moved so I can start making strikers again.  For those of you that don't know me, I've been known to make a few strikers every now and then.  I have woods 20 yards behind my back door so I'm looking forward to trying some new ground this year.  I plan on hunting West Virginia and Ohio and possibly a road trip to Alabama if the stars align.  A buddy is working on a lease down there and is trying to arrange an exploration hunt.  Hope this works out. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Happy

Have heard nothing but good things about your strikers Steve. Gonna get one of your black locusts one day soon I hope. Goodluck on the new hunting grounds.

West Augusta

Quote from: Happy on February 18, 2016, 09:33:30 PM
Hey gobble, what part of western maryland are you from? Garrett co here. Can be in Pa in 10 minutes and Wv in a half hour.
I used to fish Deep Creek a lot when I had my bass boat and lived in Fairmont.  I just moved to the western part of WV 5 months ago.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Happy

Spent many days in Fairmont. Worked all over Wv. Spent a lot of time on the coal mines as an electrician. Blacksville, Bailey, and 84, just to name a few. Then spent about 4 years in the wheeling area at McElroy and Shumaker. My family is originally from the Summersville area in Nicholas co.

WillowRidgeCalls

How you all doin guys? Just stopped in to wish the WidowMakers the best of luck this year chasing those old long beards,  looks like a good team this year. Go get em guys!!!
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

spurman

Quote from: WillowRidgeCalls on February 26, 2016, 04:16:02 PM
How you all doin guys? Just stopped in to wish the WidowMakers the best of luck this year chasing those old long beards,  looks like a good team this year. Go get em guys!!!
Quote from: WillowRidgeCalls on February 26, 2016, 04:16:02 PM

Thanks Scott good luck to you this spring.

Scott is a past WidowMaker and he designed our banner.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Happy

Appreciate the warm wishes and hope you have a memorable and successful turkey season as well.

doublegobble

Hey fellas, Wanted to stop in and wish my old team luck for this season. Decided to sit out this year but will still be checking in on you. Get some big birds on the ground and show them the WidowMakers are the team to beat!
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.