turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

big numbers from my 835 with hevi 7s

Started by LARRYHAYNES, March 26, 2016, 08:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARRYHAYNES

Mossberg 835 24" barrel.  3 1/2" hevi shot #7.  Indian Creek .675.  Measured 40 yards.  430 pellets in 10"circle.
LARRY

peak98

Your weapon sits on top of you shoulders, everything else is just equipment.

Tennessee Lead

Hooksnhorns

That's insane. Is that the same lot # as the earlier hevi 7 patterns you posted? What did the 20" look like?
Don't Tread On Me

HAMMERDOWN

LARRYHAYNES

Yes it's the same lot as my last year post. The day I shot was a really warm day, no wind, etc.  picture perfect day for shooting.
LARRY

Hooksnhorns

Got ya. Man, that is SICK lol. Hold it on em and let er eat.
Don't Tread On Me

Dr Juice

That's devastating!

Sent from my thunder chicken slaying machine!

LARRYHAYNES

Thanks for the positive replies guys. I'm really surprised that someone hasn't said that I'm full of it. I actually have a buddy  (bamaturkeyhunter) that knows for a fact that it happened. And I didn't post it to brag about it or anything, just wanna show what can be done with this combo. Thanks again!
LARRY

bbcoach

Larry, 350-360 was the norm as few years ago.  What have you done to the barrel and what lot number are you shooting?  That is a GREAT pattern.  Whatever you've done, it's working.

LARRYHAYNES

The lot # is 301109. And as far as the barrel. I haven't polished it this year but I did a deep clean. But I really think the polishing from last year and year before is just now starting to shine. I don't know why exactly but it seems like the first few shots after I would polish it would be really tight but not an even pattern. But it seems about the 6-7 shot it after polishing, it really starts shooting good. I do clean it with a bore snake and bore cleaner after shooting a few times.
LARRY

BINK McCARTY

quote author=LARRYHAYNES link=topic=62819.msg614818#msg614818 date=1459226607]
Thanks for the positive replies guys. I'm really surprised that someone hasn't said that I'm full of it. I actually have a buddy  (bamaturkeyhunter) that knows for a fact that it happened. And I didn't post it to brag about it or anything, just wanna show what can be done with this combo. Thanks again!
[/quote   ]
:newmascot: JEEZE!!!!! You should be braggin'!!!! Next to custom loaded shells,thats THE BEST pattern I've EVER seen!!!!!

kdsberman

Unreal pattern.  Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trkehunr93

Nice pattern.  I caution you and anyone to not get caught up in the numbers. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seminoleturkey