turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Flextone Calls

Started by sugarray, February 09, 2011, 08:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

Just saw a Michael Waddel commercial for Flextone diaphragm calls.  And I quote "Flextone and I have teamed up with a turkey hunting legend" to come up with these calls.  Or something to that point.  Legend was clearly there.

Wonder who that legend is?   ;) ???

runngun

Could it be Eddie Salter? Man I would hope so, Wadell and Salter would make an awesome team. I don't think Mr Salter has gotten the recognition he deserves with Hunters Specialties. Seems they have all but cut him out of most of the videos.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Fox Fire

I noticed a add for flex tone turkey calls teh other day, I have a flex tone deer call and really like it, now I'm curious about the turkey calls.

treestand

Wonder who that legend is?.....................ROY!!!! :agreed:

FullChoke

I bought one of the Michael Waddell Freak Nasty diaphragm calls last year on a whim d wound up using it to call in 4 gobblers to the gun. It has 3 latex reeds with a double a bat-wing cut that can go from sweeet nothings to loud and raspy yelping. The birds loved it.

JD, Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the owner.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

PANYHunter

Could be wrong but i think flextone owned by wildgame innovations?  If so i dont think i would buy anything from them.  Cant stand their show.   

TauntoHawk

yeah flex tone is owned by wild game innovation and I dont know if I trust them, I was tempted to get some because I like Weddell but he probably doesnt have anything to do with them other than advertising... I like my new Hooks, think ill stick with the smaller custom call guys that relay on customer service and quality work to earn a honest dollar
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

stinkpickle

Quote from: PANYHunter on February 10, 2011, 07:51:03 AM
Could be wrong but i think flextone owned by wildgame innovations?  If so i dont think i would buy anything from them.  Cant stand their show.   

Not a fan of that show either.

chrisun

I had one of their calls. I was not really that impressed, but it was only one call.
John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

TANK

I'm not not a fan of the show or the products. I bought one of the value packs of mouth calls last year and hated them all. As for the show I think its a joke! Bill Busbice and his 2 spoiled college punks.........I watched their show last week because it was the only thing that had turkey hunting in it, on the Outdoor Channel. The youngest son (haven't watched enough to know his name) was hunting in Florida, with a crossbow. He made a terrible shot on a longbeard, then hooks to him and chases him across a field, then says something stupid about a gator eating him. The turkey wasn't recovered. That night they was eating he calls Bill & tells his story about how he "missed" a gobbler. That turkey wasn't missed he ran off and died! Next day he stalks a hog and shoots him with the same crossbow, hog runs off. The next day they find the hog, with blow flies swarming him. The hole time talkin about how bad a$$ the crossbow is.................I don't think it was very distasteful for them to have even aired that show. I am asshamed they are from the same state as I ........

neal

Quote from: sugarray on February 09, 2011, 08:09:19 PM

Wonder who that legend is?   ;) ???

Can't tell! :-X

Wild game nation show.....  :TrainWreck1:
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

PANYHunter

Quote from: TANK on February 10, 2011, 12:29:54 PM
I'm not not a fan of the show or the products. I bought one of the value packs of mouth calls last year and hated them all. As for the show I think its a joke! Bill Busbice and his 2 spoiled college punks.........I watched their show last week because it was the only thing that had turkey hunting in it, on the Outdoor Channel. The youngest son (haven't watched enough to know his name) was hunting in Florida, with a crossbow. He made a terrible shot on a longbeard, then hooks to him and chases him across a field, then says something stupid about a gator eating him. The turkey wasn't recovered. That night they was eating he calls Bill & tells his story about how he "missed" a gobbler. That turkey wasn't missed he ran off and died! Next day he stalks a hog and shoots him with the same crossbow, hog runs off. The next day they find the hog, with blow flies swarming him. The hole time talkin about how bad a$$ the crossbow is.................I don't think it was very distasteful for them to have even aired that show. I am asshamed they are from the same state as I ........
Yeah I hate it.  The one show I watched they were bragging about how a buck they shot had that greens n raged junk all over its face.  Their whole show is a commercial for their products.  I know that's what most shows are now a days but this one takes the cake.   

Fox Fire

"ther whole show is a commercial for the products". 

Aint they all, thats the biggest turn off for me, when they just absolutely run a product in the ground, I've always traded for things when I was grow'n up and it just burns my @$$ up for some body to play me for a sucker and smile while they tell me just how great something is, its insulting, but it taught me to pay close attention to the way people act/talk, you get screwed over a time or two and you learn from it.

That be'n said you cant tell about some products, I looked at the Wood Haven calls for years before I finaly broke down and bought one, I figured a $10 mouth call cant sound different than a $4 call but I was wrong, now days I wont waste my cash for anything sold at wally world, they sound like a squeak toy but thousands of birds have been killed use'n them, one mans trash is another mans treasure.

WyoHunter

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 10, 2011, 12:02:11 PM
Quote from: PANYHunter on February 10, 2011, 07:51:03 AM

Not a fan of that show either.
Either can I!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Jbird22

Never tried their calls but not a fan of the show really. I did watch several episodes this year but the story lines got old after a while.