OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turkey Fan Question  (Read 3942 times)

Offline Boom

Turkey Fan Question
« on: March 23, 2016, 02:24:31 PM »
Hope y'all can help me out with this one...I have a turkey fan that I mounted.  It is looking kinda dingy, and my question is - can I wash it in some water and dawn to clean it / refresh it?  Also, one feather is kinda flimsy where a pellet broke it.  Is there any way to repair that?  Thanks for any help / ideas!

Boom

Offline Blackwing

Re: Turkey Fan Question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 08:01:02 AM »
If it is already mounted I would stay away from the dawn. If it is more than just dusty I would use a paper towel and rubbing alcohol and wipe it down then hit it with a hair dryer. The broken feather you can take a small piece of floral wire or something similar and snip the feather at the break and insert the wire into the shaft of both pieces and lock in with a dab of super glue.

Offline Dr Juice

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 09:42:05 AM »
I recommend damp paper towels only. Good luck.

Offline Ranger518SVS

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 10:02:33 PM »
Great post, I had the same question I over did it with borax and it all over the fan.

Online Clovis67

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 10:55:30 PM »
Use Tide original formula and a 5 gallon bucket of Luke warm water...follow with a bath in Coleman Fuel...let drip dry and then use a small amount of Bondo. :turkey2: Just kidding!
What Blackwing said......