OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Latex

Started by Turkeyman62, March 23, 2016, 03:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman62

How long should the latex last on a tube caller ?
Thanks
Mike
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

Candyman

Depends on several factors in my opinion. Quality of latex, how much tension you put on it, how much you use it. And here in the south, humidity plays a part too. Some mornings it is so humid it's tough to get the sound I want. On average I probably change the latex once a week. Especially right before I hunt 2-3 days in a row.

pappy

Latex is funny it looks strong but, when it hits the sun light it begins to break down and stiffen up becoming brittle...also it is effected by the humidity like Candy said, remember too the thinner the latex the more susceptible it is to damaging factors. Change it often it is cheap...a lot cheaper then watching that Tom walk away from ya...
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mspaci

I use the tube calls ALOT, usually change once or twice a season, might have to tune it a bit from time to time is all. Mike

Turkeyman62

Thanks for the comments guys .
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

snuff can

I change mine when when the sound goes flat... it depends on how much I've blown it. One time I was calling to two big Nebraska gobblers me and a buddy were watching in a field only getting a luke warm response till I switched to a new latex a they went crazy and charged in only reaffirming what I already new about the sound. Sounds dull change it