OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

i got my pattern back

Started by outdoorsmen, March 22, 2016, 03:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoorsmen

fter a good cleaning and the snaking between shots i got my pattern back.

outdoorsmen

Forgot to mention its with a sx2 and ic .655

BrowningGuy88

Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owlhoot

:OGturkeyhead:   that will be turkey sandwiches for sure !

learn2hide

Interesting...so you found the .655 was the ticket in that barrel? That is the same gun I have and I've been looking for a few more #'s, the .665 I have does a real nice 20" pattern but not as center dense as I am used to seeing.  I wonder if I should ask them to swap me out for a .655
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

SKFOOTER

I'm using a Roy Rhodes Angle Port .655 non-ported choke on my SX3 with 3.5" Longbeards XR #5 and putting 200+ in the 10" circle @ 40 yards. :OGturkeyhead:

outdoorsmen

When I first got my gun I sent it to ballistic Specialties to get the trigger lightened, forcing cone lengthened, and Barrel ported. I also told them to give me a choke they recommended to shoot the Winchester High Velocity to ounce number fives. It came back with a .650. Back then I was not into seeing what's the best I could do. I know it did well though, I don't have any the old Targets or pictures of the targets. I just trusted their judgment and I killed turkeys. I know that when I did put it on paper back then that everyone I showed it to said it was good but that was probably 16 years ago. Mine is the 26 inch Universal hunter that came drilled and tapped.

Dr Juice

Congrats. That 281 target is decapitating material there. Good luck.

penna shooter

Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.

outdoorsmen