OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any particular reason why...

Started by gobbler74, April 01, 2011, 04:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

Kicks hasn't thrown in on the hevi-shot  "approved" market? From what I've seen in patterns they are excellent with lead but have heard members say that the kicks owner hardly acknowledges hevi shot ... I know some of you shooters have spoken with kicks on the phone. What did they have to say about the hevi market or why they don't get in the game? Is is choke design or ? Seems that they could bring their reputation to the table and do quite well...considering there are really just a few companies that go at it hard..there are voids that need to be filled especially in 20 ga options...not to mention competition is always good for pricing. Maybe they are hevi capable but don't recommend it... I hear they talk about extended range from winchester being ok....anyway, just seems strange.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

msgobblergetter

The owner/manufacturer of Kicks chokes is a Winchester supporter in more ways you can imagine.

Hognutz

Like what. Don't leave me in suspenders..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

msgobblergetter

Quote from: Hognutz on April 01, 2011, 05:06:00 PM
Like what. Don't leave me in suspenders..Mike

Send a pm to slickyboyboo... He can probably fill you in better than I can.  I had some brief dealings with comp-n-choke (same manufacturer as Kicks) on the issue.

Hay Flats

Same with Comp-N-Choke my SBE II shoots better numbers with a C-N-C XXX than with my Indian Creek but its not rated for Hevi-13 so it just sits on the shelf.

Kurt