Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Florida boys, pack your raingear

Started by TURKEYWHACKER, March 16, 2016, 08:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TURKEYWHACKER

Going on my first eastern turkey hunt in 5 years Saturday, so of course it's gonna rain. Not the weekend I was hoping for. Good news is I'm staying with a buddy and will literally be walking out his back door to hunt. Hopefully the rains won't be too severe. The last time I hunted up that way with him, I limited out opening weekend, in the rain.  8)

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

JHoyle

It figures.... Been dry for a month and calling for rain all wknd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twowithone

May you have the same good luck you had 5 yrs ago with your buddy and limit out again. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

blackmagic

Quote from: TURKEYWHACKER on March 16, 2016, 08:00:16 PM
Going on my first eastern turkey hunt in 5 years Saturday, so of course it's gonna rain. Not the weekend I was hoping for. Good news is I'm staying with a buddy and will literally be walking out his back door to hunt. Hopefully the rains won't be too severe. The last time I hunted up that way with him, I limited out opening weekend, in the rain.  8)

Hopefully your sneakers don't get wet on the pasture grass...private land Easterns.... ::)  (j/k)

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: blackmagic on March 17, 2016, 04:01:59 PM
Hopefully your sneakers don't get wet on the pasture grass...private land Easterns.... ::)  (j/k)
He better limit out!!! Easy Easterns!!! ;) :lol: ;D :TooFunny: :funnyturkey:

RutnNStrutn

Go figure!!! First time I get drawn for a hunt in FLA in 3 years and it's gonna rain all over me on the hunt.  >:( >:( >:(  Oh well, I'm going either way. Bustin' out the rain gear and going for it. I've killed birds in the rain before, so hopefully I'll do it again.

BigGobbler

Not gonna hit us until noon the dance on public land will be down by then.

blackmagic

As of right now, looks like most of us down here will be in the clear for most of the weekend.   :you_rock:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: blackmagic on March 17, 2016, 10:55:43 PM
As of right now, looks like most of us down here will be in the clear for most of the weekend.   :you_rock:
Yep!!! The forecast is getting better by the hour!!!  :icon_thumright: :you_rock:

Hayudog

blackmagic

ChiefBubba

I'm sitting out this morning and hoping to hit them again this afternoon and in the morning. Good luck guys and send me some pictures. Chief

blackmagic

Would have taken a picture of some pretty swamp but the rain would have ruined my phone  :(