Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

First day

Started by surehuntsalot, March 19, 2016, 10:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

The first day isn't going very well at all windy wet and quite as a church mouse
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

FullChoke

Steve, That's exactly what I found this morning. I may have heard one gobble this morning way off somewhere, but I estimate that he was 1231 yards away and would die of old age by the time I got to him.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

harleytom

I'm working this weekend but hunted 3 days earlier this week and heard a total of 2 gobbles. I leave Sunday night for south TX. Hope birds are ready to play down there.

FullChoke

I understand that any Texas turkey hunt is a guarantee. Go get them, we need some early points.

I have also heard through the grapevine that one of our Tennessee team mates was chasing the birds here in MS earlier this week. I hope that he survived our freak hail storm on Thursday and was able to just pick up turkeys knocked out when they were caught out in the open.

Cheers.   ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Hooter

Quote from: FullChoke on March 19, 2016, 01:53:45 PM
I understand that any Texas turkey hunt is a guarantee. Go get them, we need some early points.

I have also heard through the grapevine that one of our Tennessee team mates was chasing the birds here in MS earlier this week. I hope that he survived our freak hail storm on Thursday and was able to just pick up turkeys knocked out when they were caught out in the open.

Cheers.   ;D

FC
Not sure what all the complaining is all about.  Have not hunted down there in 10 years.
Heard several the very first morn, Wednesday. Then Thursday morn heard some more. Less than an hour later Me and Slicky had a gobblin bird less than 20 yds wanting to die. Then Mother nature messed up the rest of the week. You MS boys are gonna have to learn to keep your lips with a grin on them, before they will come in to you.  :angel9: :funnyturkey:

harleytom

Glad someone has had some action. Waiting on pics.