Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New strikers

Started by wmn2, February 25, 2016, 04:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter1979

I know, but I figured a regular striker is usually around $15, so for $30 it better be twice as good. So, far, it is.  It plays on aluminum, slate, glass, crystal.  Maybe it's just the versatility I like right now, I don't know... I'll try to give a better report once I play with it some more.

wmn2

I hear a lot of good things about them. I'd definitely like to try one out.

357MAGNOLE

Got my Spring Creek Box in today.

Like it, pretty well built for a "standard hunting" box call. Sounds pretty damn good and easy to play as well.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

wmn2

Nice. I think you're gonna like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

357MAGNOLE

Yeah I am already pretty hooked on it. Now that I have a "cheap" (only by cost if you ask me) call, I want to find something higher end.  Thinking in the $100-$150 range. Another short box of very high quality that can do it all and look good would be awesome. No idea who's to look at though.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

wmn2

Yea I feel the same way. Cheap by cost, but not by construction or sound at all if you ask me as well. I'm thinking about an SS calls premium or long box next. Mineral polar/maple or limba/maple in a premium short box probably will be next. I hear a lot of good things about their calls as well.

357MAGNOLE

Yeah I am thinking I like the looks of the Mahogany/Purpleheart or the Butternut/Purpleheart from SS calls. 

I was actually leaning towards them since everyone is singing their praises on this forum and I like the fact they did the free call give away for the forum.  That is bonus points for me.

jepcho

I am a huge spring creek fan. Definitely check out SS custom calls. Heard nothing but great things about them. I am wanting to get one myself