OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What's up guys?  (Read 5576 times)

Offline TN Beard Buster

What's up guys?
« on: March 19, 2016, 10:30:33 PM »
Hey guys!! Guess what? We've only got two weeks before season opens!! We need some chatter to keep us calm!! There's been no post to our page since March 12. Cmon and let's chat!!

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
What's up guys?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 11:12:03 PM »
I got out today and pulled my cameras that have been out since August lol
I got all of them back but one of the landowners climbing stand was missing.
That was a bummer.
I did find some fresh scratching then I found the culprit and his ladies . I got within 25 yards of them

Probably going to take one of the landowners/bosses son. He's 13
I think this ol Tom would be a good one to try and work in for him.  Next Saturday.
I've kinda got behind on getting my stuff in order. I've still got to deep clean my barrel and install a new lighter set of trigger springs in my 835 (supposed to drop it to 4 pounds) then check zero. Then load the vest up and I should be ready. I've been practicing some on my new pot calls.
I haven't been to my hunting grounds to listen yet but they're always plenty there to go around with.  I'm hoping to get out one morning before work.

Offline Jwall

What's up guys?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 11:22:04 PM »
Well gentleman I'm ready to hunt. I've been working and finishing grad school as well so turkey season can't get here soon enough. I'm like tn lead I still need to deep clean my gun and see how it patterns with these hevi 13 #7s. I had my buddy check my cameras and I got 2 toms on each property calling my name. I got drawn for oak ridge wma so I'm still getting Intel on that but I feel confident about going up there without scouting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: What's up guys?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 08:05:34 AM »
I haven't had time to do any scouting but I did get to shoot my gun yesterday. Gonna go thru my vest today.

Offline TN Beard Buster

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 08:44:42 PM »
I went and shot today. It was tough in the wind and off shooting sticks, but I've got it close. I need to get on sandbags or a lead sled to finalize everything. Was going to meet up with reflex1 and his buddy, but he is kinda down. Y'all pray for him that he'll get better soon!! I'm gonna love my new 20 ga. tho. Let's keep chatting to pass the time prior to season opener!! I'm suppose to guide a little man and his dad next weekend on the youth hunt. This will be their first year hunting, so I hope I can help start them off right.

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
What's up guys?
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 09:24:52 PM »
Will be praying
I installed the new trigger springs in my 835 today. Made a big difference. I leaned agin a tree after church and shot once at 40 yards. It was a dead turkey. Gotta deep clean and check the 4's and 5's and see if they hit where they need to. I want to paint my stock some. We will see if I have time. Glad we got this thread going. It's getting close and the anticipation is killing me!

Offline Jwall

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 09:44:27 PM »
Here are pics of 2 long beards I am hoping my cousin and I double up on opening day.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 02:20:27 PM »
Kidney stones. Yuk!

Offline Jwall

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 06:14:09 PM »
Hate to hear you got the kidney stones man, gonna have to lay off the sweet tea. I hear those things are painful. Well I bit the bullet today and ordered an acrylic trumpet from pappy. Looking forward to messing with it.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 06:36:44 PM »
11 days till head busting time!

Offline TNTRKYHunter

What's up guys?
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 10:06:00 PM »
Cannot wait!! Going out this weekend to help call for a friend of mines son. Plan on going out in the morning to listen. Get well reflexl. Those kidney stones are horrible. I have taken care of several folks that have had them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TN Beard Buster

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 03:13:40 PM »
Well guys, 5 days and counting and we can starting doing our thing!! I went out as a guide yesterday for a buddy and his 7 year old son and got to hear some gobbles but no sighting. It's always nice to hear the first gobble of the season, but nothing like hearing it when you can do something about it!! These next few days at work will drag by as usual, but come next Saturday, it'll all be worth it!!

Offline TN Beard Buster

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 10:46:22 PM »
Hey guys!! Just looked at the forecast for the first 4 days of season. Looks like it's gonna be clear and cool in the mornings and mid to upper 60's during the day! If that holds true, it should be awesome weather for the hunt!! Let's do this thang!!

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
What's up guys?
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 11:57:37 PM »
Can't wait!
I took a juvenile this weekend. Called up a total of 4 Toms but he just couldn't seal the deal.
Had 3 at 20 yards and they were drumming hard it was awesome!

Offline calebb

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 06:31:00 PM »
Saw several birds strutting outside of Nashville this weekend, hopefully everyone gets us started with a bang this weekend. Good luck everyone.