Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Strut Stoppers contest entries

Started by turkey harvester, March 18, 2016, 06:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey harvester

I guess this is where we'll post the required pictures for entry. We've always been told to post clear pictures or it may not count.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

dzsmith

killed this bird. I can post pictures of actual measurements if necessary. another contest im in actually requires measurement pics, but its not a huge bird so its pretty realistic mesurements no real reason to doubt them. 15/16 spurs 9.75 beard 18lbs. gobbler score calculator is 56.25
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

turkey harvester

Yes we'll need the detailed pics. Way to go!!

MerriamMac

Good job brother, get those score pics posted!

dzsmith

updated measurement pics for my bird. I do not have a pic of the weight scale

turkey harvester

That's a dandy. I read in the team rule thread if there isn't a pic of the bird on a scale, then it can only be counted as 14lbs.  It sucks for sure but in this contest they want one on a scale.  But hey your eatin fried turkey breast.

dzsmith

14lbs would be a jake where I live......not even a fair number. ill have another bird in 2 weeks more than likely. ill be in florida this weekend, chances are it will not be a heavy bird. may have better hooks but that's about it

Dr Juice

Congrats. Nice bird.

Sent from my thunder chicken slaying machine!

turkey harvester

Quote from: dzsmith on March 27, 2016, 08:45:30 PM
14lbs would be a jake where I live......not even a fair number. ill have another bird in 2 weeks more than likely. ill be in florida this weekend, chances are it will not be a heavy bird. may have better hooks but that's about it

So you do or don't want to record the bird? Birds can be updated with better birds as we go. Yes 14 lbs isn't fair but its what they say we have to do. New score would be 52.25 if I added it up right.

dzsmith

go ahead and record it that's fine. ill hopefully get a bird in florida and ill be in Nebraska in may with 3 tags so chances are ill have a bigger bird before all is said and done. go ahead and record it

turkey harvester

Seminoleturkey

We kill birds here in Florida that weigh over 20lbs quite
Often .most of the public land 3yr olds I have killed go anywhere from 16-20lbs .i just killed on that when 20lbs Friday .
Quote from: dzsmith on March 28, 2016, 11:49:07 PM
go ahead and record it that's fine. ill hopefully get a bird in florida and ill be in Nebraska in may with 3 tags so chances are ill have a bigger bird before all is said and done. go ahead and record it

MerriamMac

25-30lb merriams down in south colorado where i hunt.... I've never weighed one myself though, so I'm interested to actually see what it will weigh.  One I had last year made the two hundred yard walk back to the cabin seem hard and long, and I hunt elk in public land every year in the sangre de cristos!

dzsmith

bird #2...this is not a contest entry, just thought id share the pic. he broke his beard flopping. it was already broken once where you could see the regrowth, and 1/2 broke at the top. 8" beard 1" spurs 16lbs....had to cancel my Osceola hunt because we had an emergency shutdown at work that will cause me to work through the weekend.

MerriamMac

Sweet bird, looks like your the only stopping strutters right now.....my season kicks off next week, cant wait boy!