Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotional Friday 4/01/2011 "Past Memories and Verses"

Started by BOFF, March 31, 2011, 11:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

In some study time this past week, I came across a familiar verse, which brought back some past memories. Memories of my first reading of the bible, and of the first verses I memorized.

Psalm 1:1-3 (New International Version 1984, ©1984)

Psalm 1
1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

I can't help but to recite in my head the verses above, and to think about how, if any, the meanings have changed over the years in my life. Due to past experience from these being the first verses I memorized, to reading it once again this week,  I can write God's word remains the same, and remains true. I have been blessed with Christian men and women, who are friends, coworkers, and my loving spouse. They have always steered me in the right directions when I've gotten off course.

I have learned the best way to know God's word, is to study God's word, not every other day, but daily. When my study times are consistent, my life, regardless of the amount of stress, has peace, contentment, and a positive outlook.

Writing it simply, putting God first on one's to do list, will allow all the other tasks to fall into place. 

Father God, thank you for your divine word, and your steadfast love for us, through your son Jesus Christ. Thank you for your guidance through the Holy Spirit, and your hedge of protection around us, even in times we are unaware of its presence. Help us to put you first in everything we do, not for our glory, but for yours. We praise you and lift you up as Lord of lords, King of kings, and Creator of all.  For it is in Jesus name we ask, and pray these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Great verses David, very good devotional!! Thanks

Have a great weekend,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

mmims

btd

Amen  a coudince that that last verse happens to be my fav out of the hole bible :jesus-cross: :jesus-cross:

turkey slayer