OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Gobbling Activity  (Read 2754 times)

Offline oscar101

Gobbling Activity
« on: March 13, 2016, 11:13:53 PM »
Anybody been out listening? Season opens Tuesday for me. I'll be up in the morning listening.

Offline Birdman

Re: Gobbling Activity
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 05:32:43 PM »
Still 38days out for me here in Ontario. Have been out scouting this week as the birds are still in their normal wintering areas. Watched one group on Wednesday evening with 25 birds with five of them being Jakes. The Jakes were strutting and pushing each other around.

Offline Mike Honcho

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 09:46:26 PM »
Been busy with work and family lately and getting guns sighted in etc....haven't  been able to scout.

I am in Kansas  and was in south central Kansas about a week ago near our farm and saw two groups about a mile apart...one with 5 strutting ,one with 7 strutting....they had not broke up yet.

Offline beakbuster10

• The Boss Gobbler
Gobbling Activity
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 01:00:44 AM »
I've listened a few mornings in central Virginia. The birds are definitely getting fired up. One bird gobbled on the limb and was still gobbling when I left at 9.

Witnessed three long beards  fighting a couple weeks back. From what I've seen and heard, they're all broken up here and starting to do their thing. Still have a little over two weeks to our opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eddie234

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 07:17:29 AM »
I still have 25 days left. I've been hitting the trout pond to kill time. I hunt the same area and the turkey are normally in the same areas every year. I'll try to get out once or twice before opening morning to try and pinpoint an exact location.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline Ctburdchasr

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 08:07:44 PM »
Our season opens the 27th of April so I have awhile. I've got birds at full strut on cameras due to the early spring. Not much talking however I collected up my duck decoys this evening from one of my hunting areas and brought my diaphragm mouth call. Both practice and scouting, I got some answers and made the boss hen angry. She was yelping back like her tail was on fire. The big toms were half heartedly gobbling back I'm thinking just to make noise. Anyways good luck to all

Offline Ctburdchasr

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 06:43:14 PM »
While scouting today they thought they could hide right next to my barn....... I'm still 27 days away from opening day but it's coming fast..... Sorry it's so bad I used my iPhone and didn't want to spook them so I got within a hundred yards and took a pic.

Offline Mike Honcho

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 07:12:08 PM »
Took a drive this morning to listen....34 degrees in northeast KS and windy.

Looked at 6 properties I hunt, only saw birds on one.