OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE polishing help

Started by ncquackersmacker, March 31, 2011, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncquackersmacker

After reading the sticky about polishing your barrel, I got all excited and order the JB cleaner and bore brite.  However, now that it is here I have seen that you should not use the method in the sticky on a chrome lined barrel.  Well, I have about 50 dollars worth of product now, can it be used any other way on my SBE?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: ncquackersmacker on March 31, 2011, 10:21:08 PM
After reading the sticky about polishing your barrel, I got all excited and order the JB cleaner and bore brite.  However, now that it is here I have seen that you should not use the method in the sticky on a chrome lined barrel.  Well, I have about 50 dollars worth of product now, can it be used any other way on my SBE?

The best thing that you can do to your SBE barrel is to "deep clean" it with Hoppe's #9. It will remove the "gunk" without harming the bore.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

nyhunter

I;ll buy the polishing stuff you cant use.

VAHUNTER

that is why it is so important to read the entire post !!!!

Good things come to those who wait

chatterbox

goblr77

mudhen

Quote from: allaboutshooting on March 31, 2011, 10:33:02 PM
Quote from: ncquackersmacker on March 31, 2011, 10:21:08 PM

The best thing that you can do to your SBE barrel is to "deep clean" it with Hoppe's #9. It will remove the "gunk" without harming the bore.

Thanks,
Clark

What Clark said.  I have found my Benellis really benefit from a deep cleaning, no matter how bright the bore looks after a normal quick cleaning.  Better patterns for me afterwards too.

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka