Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

BURRIS SPEED BEAD FOR FRANCHI AFFINITY 20 GAUGE

Started by SKFOOTER, March 13, 2016, 03:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

I don't see that Burris makes a Speed Bead mount for a 20 gauge Franchi Affinity.  Has anyone mounted one on this gun and if so, which model number did you use??

SKFOOTER

whiskey

I searched for an answer too. Never found it. If I could make it work, I'd buy the Affinity today.

"So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street."

SKFOOTER

I've been told that the Speed Bead mount for the Benelli M2 12 gauge may fit after the outside edges have been trimmed off with a Dremel tool, but I can't confirm that.

harleytom

M2 mount worked on my Stoeger 3020, after some trim work was done. Small gap was left between grip and mount which I filled in to prevent any rocking. I am happy with the final product.

whiskey

I am trying to revive this thread to see if anyone has completed an install of a speedbead on an Affinity yet. I got a steal on an Affinity, so I'm hoping I can find some info on a speedbead install.

SKFOOTER

I found a discontinued B-Square Universal Shotgun Rib Mount #16100 on Ebay and mounted a Mueller Quick Shot on my Franchi Affinity 20 gauge.  Added a Cordura cheek pad to the stock and I love it! :turkey2:

whiskey

Quote from: SKFOOTER on May 10, 2016, 11:35:41 PM
I found a discontinued B-Square Universal Shotgun Rib Mount #16100 on Ebay and mounted a Mueller Quick Shot on my Franchi Affinity 20 gauge.  Added a Cordura cheek pad to the stock and I love it! :turkey2:

Picture?

I have been studying and I think I can get the M2 speedbead to work, just gonna take a little work. I really wanted the speedbead so I could still use the gun for wingshooting. Otherwise, I will probably just have it drilled and tapped.

whiskey

Well, it's in place and rock solid. I will fit it around the edges after I am sure it shoots well.

Please don't run out and buy anything yet, but I used an M2 base. It requires a dremel, a drill press, and a bit of willingness to toss a 60 dollar mount in the trash is you screw up.

Once I prove it will shoot well and sight in fine, then I will post details of the "how to".

"So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street."

whiskey

It's good to have a machine shop at work. :)

The M2 mount sits nose down on the Affinity. I had a guy at work mill the 1/8" spacer down with the back thinner than the front. This was perfect! The Fastfire sits with the window just above the rib and the red dot is centered in the adjustment range. I can't wait to get out and shoot it.

whiskey

WAGinVA

wirtbowhunter

WAGinVA

Whiskey,
Could you please mike the front and rear of the spacer that you modified?
Thanks

whiskey

Quote from: WAGinVA on May 27, 2016, 01:20:50 PM
Whiskey,
Could you please mike the front and rear of the spacer that you modified?
Thanks

Will do. Pretty sure it will be around 1/8" on the front and 1/16" in the back, but I'll measure to verify.