OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

KS or NE

Started by duxrus, April 28, 2016, 10:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duxrus

Any general reports ? We are headed over soon for a week of hunting and just wondering how the birds are acting ?

Thx

jims

It's been a fairly early spring where I hunted a week ago in Nebraska.  The big flocks broke up early and are pretty much dispersed all over the place.  I saw a lot o single hens so they are likely nesting.  Nebraska has had a lot of rain the past 3 weeks.  It's been WINDY as usual...15 to 20 mph is normal.

duxrus

Thx

Hoping the birds are feeling talkative and lonely when we get there. Birds here (TN) are just starting to nest so gobbling is picking up

duxrus

Just got back from both states so here is my report.... NE was good to us but the birds were only gobbling on roost and getting quiet once they planted their feet. KS was also a worth while trip and birds were a lot more vocal way up into the day. Called in a flock about 10 oclock saturday with them gobbling all the way.

kellyguinn

Thanks for the update duxrus. I'll be headed to N central Kansas Sunday or Monday morning. Season has been a bust so far. Looking to turn the tide

duxrus

Some birds gobbled on roost but others didnt get rolling til mid morning. We saw toms with hens but others alone straight off the limb. The last bird we called in gobbled more than any bird I have ever heard so the time is still right .