North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Ready-set-hunt!!

Started by Big perm2, March 12, 2016, 05:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

Quote from: Big perm2 on March 12, 2016, 05:16:44 PM
Season for me starts this Tuesday.. I'm so fired up!!

Talkem into given up!!!
Sitting at this desk....I wish I was you  right now.

jepcho

Quote from: Gumby on March 14, 2016, 11:51:08 PM
I'm a month away as well and I'm in the South! Stupid Arkansas season

I was on a team on another forum last spring with a guy from Arkansas, I know he wasn't thrilled with the season dates either.  I was surprised they start so late and he said the population was way down..  You a duck hunter also?

Gumby

I don't duck hunt much even though I'm in best place for it. Go a couple times a year. Got buddies who duck hunt hardcore

Hunter1979

Are there any guides in the area your recommend?  Me and a couple buddies have been talking about duck hunting down there for quite some time.

kdsberman

Quote from: Big perm2 on March 14, 2016, 08:53:05 PM
north central Mississippi, starting to see green buds on the trees. 83 for the high tomorrow,i know its the length of the days to get them ready,but this warm weather sure doesn't hurt..

83 dang.  Where I'm at in Michigan we had half that temp today with 50 mph winds, rain, and thunder.  Needless to say I didn't do much patterning today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gumby

Quote from: Hunter1979 on March 16, 2016, 10:04:02 PM
Are there any guides in the area your recommend?  Me and a couple buddies have been talking about duck hunting down there for quite some time.

I will get some names for you

WNCTracker

I'll be out next friday morning  :turkey2:

jepcho

Quote from: Gumby on March 16, 2016, 10:40:36 PM

Quote from: Hunter1979 on March 16, 2016, 10:04:02 PM

I will get some names for you
I'd love to get some names from you too. I'd definitely love to duck hunt down there someday

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tomstopper

I cant stand it any more. Last week I got a nice pic of a gobbler on some of my hunting property who was with some hens and would break into & out of strut periodically. Yesterday my wife and kids were with me as we went for a Sunday drive on some back roads to look for a new house. I knew of a house down in a gully on a very steep and nasty road (sharp curves everywhere) that always had turkeys in its yard and when we got there, there was a whole flock of them. About 15 hens and 3 gobblers. Two of the gobblers began to strut and even chase the third one around a little. Would have loved to get pics but due to safety reason, we could only drive by slowly (as slow as I could go... :OGturkeyhead:) so I couldn't. My wife and oldest daughter thought it was neat by my youngest daughter was like me and couldn't stop looking and was filled with excitement. Cant wait for the opener in Ohio and then back home to NY & PA to take my Nephew and hopefully get some hunting in myself.