Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Take a kid hunting

Started by FullChoke, March 09, 2016, 11:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Yesterday was the opening of Youth Turkey season here in Mississippi and the photos of big grins and dead gobblers have already started pouring in. I don't know if every state has a period set apart for youth to hunt turkeys, but it is well worth checking out. This is a great opportunity that we all have to help get a kid excited about turkey hunting and maybe help them make some memories that will last their entire lives.

Take a yute and let 'em shoot.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

jakesdad

Taking both boys this year. Oldest(Jacob) is 9 and this will be his 4th year hunting and hoping he will kill his first spring bird(has killed 2 in the fall). Youngest(Ryan) is 6 and its his first year. He is really excited about going! The oldest likes going but I think the youngest will be my hunter.

Got a new 870 youth 20 for Jacob to use this year and he passed down his Mossberg 510 mini bantam down to his little brother. Both will be shooting 2 3/4" #7 1/2. Gonna limit them to 25 yds or less.

Hope to have lots of pics to share here in a few weeks!!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

FullChoke

Well dang, my grandson is out of town spending time with his bio-mother and won't be here this weekend to do some bird watching. And I found one that we could play with. Oh well.

Others may have said it before, but I will say it now...I'm Youth-less   :P

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.