OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Gentlemen, start your engines  (Read 1985 times)

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Gentlemen, start your engines
« on: March 12, 2016, 10:49:50 AM »
This Tuesday, about an hour before actual sunrise, 5 team members of The Roaring 20's will be waitng in the temperate gray darkness of Mississippi and Alabama mornings. They will stand motionless and their ears will be straining for a familiar crowing from a randy. arrogant old adversary. And when it happens, the games begin. We will channel Bobby Fisher, Alexander the Great, Batman and Preston Pittman. We will flank, fake, fade and lie in order to make our ways into the heads of an irrational bird equipped with an incredible set of survival skills that he uses every waking moment. When our ruses pay off, there is a great simultaneous sense of satisfaction and sadness. We won and he lost. The king is dead. Long live the king.

My brothers, be safe, have fun, kill gobblers. Please let us know what happened, regardless of the outcome.

Good luck.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline harleytom

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Tinypic
Re: Gentlemen, start your engines
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 05:28:00 PM »
Last minute preparations are being finished. One last looked at cam pics to set final strategy. Good luck to you all. Ready to go!

Offline Eric Gregg

• Longbeard
  • Charleston,Ms
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 11:50:45 PM »
As of Tuesday morning I will be in hot pursuit :emoticon-cartoon-012:

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 10:54:42 PM »
hope ya'll the best of luck, no hunting for me until Saturday, have to work plus my truck is in the shop broke down
it's not the harvest,it's the chase