Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Anybody scouting yet?

Started by Roost 1, February 20, 2016, 10:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Went for the second time this morning. Heard one gobble three times after fly down. It's a little early here.

hookedspur

Not scouting yet, but I am seeing a few in the fields ,they are getting a little
more active.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

eorlando

Went this morning as well. Didn't hear it see any birds.   2 weeks to go

wvmntnhick

Went calling for coyotes this morning then walked the farm looking for some shed antlers. Came up dry on both but did hear one gobble as I was headed back to the truck. Sounded like a jake. There should be plenty of those over there this year and I'm betting several 2 year olds. Had a stud there last year before season but he was gone before it opened. Hoping there's some there this spring. Seems they favor the neighboring farms to this one. I find myself hunting a different farm usually and I never scout it. Just show up. They roost in the same couple spots all the time.

anthonyjhallen

I saw about five gobblers and 15 hens three days ago. I went back yesterday evening and they were no where to be seen. I am afraid the weather is going to mess things up some. It's 80 here today and doesn't show any signs of cooling off.

I have 75 lbs of scratch feed and two trail cams on deck. It won't be long before I find a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clif Owen

Saw a couple of birds yesterday on the road. It is supposed to rain us out Monday, so I will most likely make a pass around the bo,bing range to see if that puts any out there.

snapper1982

Seen a few birds today but I wasn't really scouting.

cmadams

Seen one strutting today! Also seen 2 lb with 20 hen would not gobble. :turkey2: