North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Talk me out of buying a 10...

Started by lowoctane, March 12, 2016, 07:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The nay-sayers can poo poo it all they want. I have 4 ten gauges and I really enjoy hunting with them. Went from a 12ga 2 3/4" to a H&R 176 10ga back in '86 ( I've never had a 3" chambered shotgun except a .410). Then got the BPS in '95, picked up a Spanish side x side, and found my Holy Grail Ithaca Mag 10 Supreme with xxx wood and grafted on a Rem SP-10 barrel to it. If I hunted huge tracks of public land and did a lot of walking I might be singing a different tune.

Brian Fahs

I started out with a NE arms single shot 10. Then bought a bps 10 when they first came out. Had the barrel cut and a bansner sleeve sweated in. That gun shot and kicked like no other at that time. It physically beat the cap out of me. I traded it on a sp 10 and never looked back. I have the short rifle sighted barrel with a rhino 720 and run nitro 4x5x7.

I have been hunting with this gun since the early 90s and love it. I have never felt under gunned and have complete confidence when I pull the trigger something is going to die. I run and gun big rough public tracts along the potomac. I have  never minded the weight or size of this gun. Buy one....or like me two...just because.

rem 300

I am getting a SP-10 new in the box never had a round put in the magazine in original bottomland camo it has the 23'' barrel, an older friend of mine bought it new back in the 90's... I have a SP-10 with a 25.5" barrel wood/blue that I may move to a new home since I am getting the other one.. I love the way these guns feel and shoot...