OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Remington 870/ Hevi Shot .662/ Winchester LB 3" #6.  (Read 3439 times)

Offline deerbasshunter3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • God bless, and happy hunting!
Remington 870/ Hevi Shot .662/ Winchester LB 3" #6.
« on: March 11, 2016, 08:43:54 PM »
Here is my 40 yard pattern. I had to make a few adjustments to my sight to get it centered, but all seems well. The first picture is a shell that does not rattle. The second picture is a shell that rattles (loose solid filler in Win LB?).

I think the first picture is a tighter pattern, but the only shells I have left rattle a little. I think I can live with the final pattern, though.

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
Re: Remington 870/ Hevi Shot .662/ Winchester LB 3" #6.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 12:02:51 AM »
good to go   :icon_thumright:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Offline Longshanks

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 08:26:58 AM »
I shoot the same set up. Great patterns. I would do some up close patterning to see what you will be dealing with in hunting situations. 10-20yd patterns are super tight. I have had good success shooting turkeys up close by aiming just above the beard. The turkeys look like they were shot with a slug but gives you some room for error. Aiming at the head inside 20 can result in some misses.

Offline lowoctane

• Longbeard
  • “When I die, then I’ll be old.”
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 07:43:32 AM »
 :morning:  That's why I look at poi of my patterns and choose the ones that I don't have to adjust when I draw down on Mr Tom...most of the time I have to choose a choke that doesn't have the highest numbers, but will be consistent for the distances I hunt at.  :camohat:
I’m Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Offline deerbasshunter3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • God bless, and happy hunting!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 08:29:08 AM »
:morning:  That's why I look at poi of my patterns and choose the ones that I don't have to adjust when I draw down on Mr Tom...most of the time I have to choose a choke that doesn't have the highest numbers, but will be consistent for the distances I hunt at.  :camohat:

I did not have to adjust my POA, I had to adjust the sight to get it centered. The rear sight is actually almost all the way to the left in order to get the POI centered.