OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

arrow shaffs

Started by VAHUNTER, March 31, 2011, 08:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiomossyoak

Quote from: GSLAM95 on April 11, 2011, 10:35:48 AM
Quote from: ohiomossyoak on April 08, 2011, 10:36:19 PM

Not sure where you got your info..But .400 spine isnt that weak of a spine .Yes total spine is determined by shaft length an draw weight an Cam design or efficiency..Take a single cam mathews switchback say 70lb an 28in draw..a .400 spine cut to 27inch with 100grain tips would work fine..Its a softer cam..Take a more aggressive bow like a mathews monster an an you would need a .300 spine or stiffer with the same specs as the switchback...Arrow charts are a good starting point..But the OLD WAY of determining spine isnt effective with modern technology..Computer softaware for arrow spine selection if far superior..I shoot a .400 spine cut to 27in at 62lb an 28in DL..100grain heads..An that is still a stiff spine out of my 2010 Elite Z28.

As for the Easton carbon shafts being made in the USA..Call easton an ask them..You will be surprised to find  that NO major arrow manufacture gets there raw carbon shafts ,manufactured in the usa..There all overseas..It simply cost to much to manufacture them in the USA..Aluminum is a different story

If you look and read my 1st post in it's entirety I asked for more info to determine if his set-up was weak spined.  Since the OP of the thread made mention that he is trying carbons now for the 1st time this year and is already thinking of switching brands I thought the question was more than appropriate.
As for calling Easton I have no need as my Easton Rep Jared Washburn was at my shop less than a month ago and I have a list of what shafts are not made in the USA.
The Beman ICS shafts are made in the USA!
Perhaps someone is misleading you?  Check and reveal your source as I did and we can continue from there.
Good luck chasing those longbeards..GSLAM95

100% of the Bemans ICS shafts are made in the USA??You are aware of the production/labor cost to make them in the USA..At the price of the ICS Beman/Easton has to be losing there butt.
Good luck to you as well
"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo

VAHUNTER

thank you GSLAM95  :icon_thumright: that was the point of the post. was not sure if the 400's was stiff enough at 28" i do not believe that you can be over spined but know that you can be under.
Good things come to those who wait

ryersonhill

Hey guys i am just getting back on the site, I have the OT2 Archery Program, if you want me to run the numbers for your setup give me the info and i can let you know what the program says for spine

Owner-Paramadness Bow Slings
Bowslings-Survival Bracelets-Binocular Slings
Custom Braiding Available-Online Store Available
Pending Maine State Record Eastern Turkey - Archery