OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Loftis Crystal Screamer

Started by Paladin85, March 09, 2016, 02:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin85

I spent an hour at David's house today trying out several callers, strikers and talking about all things turkey. I ended up with a crystal screamer and two strikers (ipe tipped & carbon tipped) for $85. This caller is amazing. I'm quickly learning what it can do.....about everything! Easy kee kees, coarse gobbler clucks, soft muted tree yelps, loud stuff or quiet stuff, clear high pitched yelps or deep, throaty, raspy yelps, etc... I can easily get a "pleading quality" to the yelps that is unique. It even plays just as good one-handed with the caller laying flat on my leg or on the ground. I don't have another pot caller that I can do that with. Needless to say, I'm very happy that I listened to the recommendations on this forum and got this caller with the two strikers. I'm now even more excited about the opener on March 20.

davisd9

Great call! Sound great with bubinga as well, especially on the back. Snakewood makes be song to. My number one pot call!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Smooth_Operator

Congrats, one of the finest pots ever made IMO.  Hold on to that sucker!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Gobbleandgrunt

I had one a couple years ago. Sold it, regretted it. Saw in here about playing in in your palm, bought another. Love it!!

Paladin85

Yeah, it's amazing how holding it in the palm changes tone and rasp. That would kill other calls but the screamer comes alive when you do that. It is an interesting call. I can't put it down.

76chevy

I just got one and really like it too!!