OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

South Carolina gobble reports

Started by YoungbuckTX, March 08, 2016, 02:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Heard at least 4 different birds in Lancaster county this morning. They gobbled great until about 9:30 then shut down. Same happened last Tuesday in Fairfield. My ground in Clarendon/Sumter has been relatively quiet, but I killed the boss last Saturday so we will see if things change when I get back, I am sure they will in general as it will be at least a week.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Deadlyattractiongamecalls

#6 hit the dirt this morning and gobbled really good.  This was a property that had never been hunted for turkeys before and seems to have a stronger gobbler to hen ratio.  My property that has been quiet is loaded with hens and might be my issue.  Just keep grinding it out since this has been new territory and tomorrow would be the original opening day.

Kenny
Deadly Attraction Game Calls

Red Huck

Have not heard a bird since the season open for public land. Union Co.

davisd9

Birds gobbled very well in Fairfield/Chester. Gobbled good until about 9 am.

Found this as well:

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

wmn2

They were gobbling great yesterday morning on the roost. Until fly down then they shut up completely.

Semper Fidelis

Red Huck

Finally found some gobbling birds. Heard 3 to 5 birds early first one at 6:35.One I think may have Gobbled twice. All of them on the other side of the creek close to the property line.