OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: South Carolina gobble reports  (Read 5740 times)

Offline YoungbuckTX

South Carolina gobble reports
« on: March 08, 2016, 02:29:47 PM »
12 days until dead turkeys

I went last Saturday and we heard 5 different birds, 1 was a jake.  This morning went to another location and heard 1 bird.  He was hot for maybe 45 minutes.

Anyone else?
line 'em up

Offline SwampRooster17

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: South Carolina gobble reports
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 10:47:50 AM »
I haven't heard anything out of the birds on my propert. I've got lots of pictures but haven't heard a gobble yet. I'm from upstate SC what part of SC you from?

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 10:56:18 AM »
Upstate and listened with YoungBuckTX Saturday. Going to listen somewhere Saturday morning.

Hearing good reports from the farm in the midlands.

Sent from the Strut Zone
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline THattaway

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Worship the LORD, not His creation.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 11:04:17 AM »
Been hearing some roost gobbling and from ground for first hour the last week and a half. Laurens county.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

“The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill.”-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Offline Deadlyattractiongamecalls

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 08:58:36 AM »
I was out in an area of Horry County I know that holds a lot of birds yesterday and only heard one gobble about 3 times at daybreak.  I also know there is a ton of hens in the area as I watched a flock of about 25 in just one group during deer season so I'm sure they aren't helping.  Will be out tomorrow for youth day so hopefully it picks up.  Good luck to everyone.

Kenny
Deadly Attraction Game Calls

Offline ziggy

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 10:54:59 AM »
haven't had a chance to listen in the mornings yet, but as of 5 days ago the hens are still bunched up pretty good. checked some cameras i have out and had pictures of a group of 12 hens. had one lone gobbler on there, but he looked to be a nice one. we have one week until the opener, i hope these birds start spread out here soon.
"Playing that cowboy music
And it feels good, to be working hard"

Offline bcknuts

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 07:46:22 AM »
Heard a couple birds on roost at day light . Gobbled just twice then flew down and got quiet.Not a good sign.In Kinards area.
Kevin

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 08:52:49 PM »
Youth weekend we had some birds gobble when they hit the ground, but you could tell they were henned up and not interested.  I know the property I am on has a lot more birds, but a ton of hens which I know is why they are lock jaw right now.  Some guys I have talked to have heard them hammering and one had a pic of a bird at noon yesterday all alone in full strut.  Can't wait to get the year kicked off and good luck to everyone.

Kenny
Deadly Attraction Game Calls.

Offline SwampRooster17

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 07:30:12 AM »
Went and listened this morning didn't hear a thing. I hit my hooter a few times nothing so I waited till I heard the first crow of the morning and was gonna try my crow call. Before I could get it out he gobbled. Season opens tomorrow so I backed on out and listened to him from my back porch. He gobbled 8 times and shut up.

Offline jdub2041

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 08:03:08 AM »
Hammering good in Williamsburg county!!!!!

Offline ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 09:27:11 AM »
Anybody here in Florence county? I have family property there and coming to hunt in the middle of April. Chief

Offline YoungbuckTX

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 11:13:36 AM »
Anybody here in Florence county? I have family property there and coming to hunt in the middle of April. Chief

I hunt some in Chesterfield county, which is nearby
line 'em up

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 06:54:30 PM »
Dropped the kids off at school this morning and on my way home I saw a lone gobbler in a field. He was gobbling his head off. Had my blood pumping for sure. This is anderson county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 04:51:58 PM »
I have noticed that in Horry County some birds are gobbling but not as much as they were at the start of the week.  The start of the week they were gobbling and fighting and now they a lot of them are locked down with hens.  I am already tagged out and called in two birds the last two days for other people.  The tom yesterday didn't gobble till around 10am and the bird today never gobbled at all.  He was with a flock of hens an I was able to break him off and within 15 yards before a marine vet gave him a dirt nap.  Good luck to everyone and if the birds go silent on you this may be why.

Kenny

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 07:08:16 PM »
Checking to see what birds are doing for other people.  Since last week they have really gotten quiet on me in a lot of different locations.  I went out this morning walked about 4 miles and didn't even hear a bird.  I have seen a lot of birds located down with hens and have been through this before when they won't gobble much with hens.  Just wondering what everyone else is hearing.

Kenny