OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870/Rhino Patterning

Started by jmitc4, March 07, 2016, 02:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BINK McCARTY

Call Rob or Jonathon @ Gobbler Guns 877-251-9955 and tell them what shell you are shooting and out of which gun and see if they will send you a choke.....now they did it for me,but I'm not sure ifn they do it anymore. They sent me a .660...negative ,then they sent me a .655....it was really good but I thought it could be better so they sent me a .650...$$$$MONEY$$$$ ....so I sent the other 2 back ,THEN PAID THEM,and got a damm fine set-up...they also lengthened & polished forcing cone in my gun. Benelli SBE2 24" bbl. H-13  3.5"-2.25oz.-#7 .....336 in a 10" circle @ 40yds. Proof is in the puddin' gentlemen. Hollar at me ifn you wanna see that target,I cant figure out how to upload it... :z-winnersmiley:

Ridge Rooster

I have a Rem 11-87 with 21" barrel, I also have a Rhino .660. Nitros shoot in the 270's. You could save a little bit of money messing with chokes and spring for a box of 4X5X7 Nitros or their straight 7's and get some really good counts. Just my opinion. Just shot the gun 2 days ago with Winchester #6 Long Beards, the factory Remington Super Full shot in the low 200's consistently. The Rhino didn't like them and was putting them in the 150 range.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

batsonbe

Mine likes a dirty barrel and I believe shorter barrels like tighter chokes like .650 / .655. My 26" barrel likes a .660 the most