OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 2444 times)

Offline TKE921

Introductions
« on: March 06, 2016, 02:09:27 PM »
I am aware some of the team members know each other pretty well, but not all of us.  This thread will be used as an introduction for the team. 

Tell us who you are, how long you have been chasing these feathered critters, when you killed your first bird, and anything else you want.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:09:07 PM by TKE921 »

Offline TKE921

Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 02:13:31 PM »
I am CJ Broadwater, I have been chasing Tom since about 2006.  I started out hunting with my father-in-law and shot a pile of birds that came in to his calling.  I look forward to going "back home" and hunting with him each season.  I killed my first solo bird ( a 4 year old mon-county tom ) a couple years ago.  This year I will be chasing birds in WV, VA, and hopefully FL.  :newmascot:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:23:07 PM by TKE921 »

Offline Nationalbird

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 02:37:05 PM »
My name is Bud Whitlow, I have been hunting spring gobblers since it open in WV in 1968. I have no idea when I shot my first bird or how many I have shot. I won a turkey photo contest that Suddenlink had on tv.

Offline longbeard11

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Grunt, Gobble, & Gills Outdoors
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 08:12:06 PM »
Yeah boys!!!! Let's get er done! Thrilled to be a part of this team this year with some outstanding turkey hunters and looking forward to contributin to our success. Definitely will be a lot of fun!

My name is Zach lucas, born and raised in clendenin wv where I still live. Called in my first bird when I was 9 for my dad with an old lynch box call I still carry. 5 longbeards came across the hollow to us, crossed a main road, big bottom field, and a creek and walked all the way up the mountain to us on a string where my dad finished the lead bird off. I've been hooked ever since! Killed my first bird several years later with a buddy of mine and is still my biggest bird ever, he now resides on my wall in my home where I admire his paint brush beard and sharp Spurs every night before going to roost. Lol

Since then I have been continually chasing the Kings of the spring, I live for the gobbling of the wild turkey on a cool spring morning! I know this spring is gonna be another great season in Gods amazing creation! He has truly blessed us to be able to share the woods with these beautiful birds! Praying abundant blessings on all members of this team and the other teams in JESUS name!

Offline wvhoyt19

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 12:06:58 PM »
Excited to be accepted on this team!!!

My name is Chris Anderson and I have lived near Fairmont all my life. I never grew up hunting but started at about age 18 and haven't stopped since. In 2008 or 2009, after deer hunting for several years, a co-worker invited me to go turkey hunting after he roosted some birds the night before. About an hour after fly down, I gave my 1st ever gobbler a dirt nap and have been addicted ever since! During the Spring of 15, my oldest son harvested his 1st gobbler during the WV youth hunt and it is by far the most exciting hunt I have ever been apart of!

I absolutely love to turkey hunt and try to find more time to do it as I juggle family, work and other priorities. I am truly blessed to chase after these gobblers and even more grateful that He sought after me!!