OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Scouting  (Read 2721 times)

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
Scouting
« on: March 05, 2016, 08:28:16 PM »
At the camp now, saw a good amount of sign on the MS ground I hunt. The timber was thinned and some was clear cut, but it really opened a good bit of the woods up. Got 5 cameras out today and will listening in the morning, the weather is perfect and I expect to hear a few. Youth weekend is next week and I'm am cautiously optimistic that we will have a decent hunt as long as the weather is nice. Took a couple hours this afternoon to catch Sunday supper.

Offline USMC0331

• Longbeard
Re: Scouting
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 09:25:36 PM »
That's what I'm talking about.

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Scouting
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 01:55:36 PM »
Glad you had some luck this morning. Hopefully Rusty will get to pop one next weekend!

I did a little scouting with my buddy YoungBuckTX on his club yesterday. I heard three birds but none gobbled more than 2-3 times and two were a ridge or so over.

He heard a couple that burned the limb down and kept going after fly down. We did some walking and found a promising spot off a pond.

We came to a food plot that was covered in tracks and scat. Birds were there yesterday morning and not much before we got there.

His gun is ready to rock. Just waiting game now, worst part!

Sent from the Strut Zone
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 03:38:50 PM »
Won't be long now. I ended up hearing 3 in familiar areas, Rusty will make the final call on where we end up trying first. The weather is looking bad for Saturday morning - its looking alright for the afternoon and good for Sunday. With a little luck we should have a good hunt.

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 08:28:50 AM »
Good luck tomorrow, hope your son busts a limbhanger!

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 07:53:52 PM »
Thanks, we are heading out for an afternoon hunt tomorrow. Weather has been pretty bad over here, but should be good enough tomorrow afternoon.

Offline WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
Scouting
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 08:10:31 PM »
Hope you get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Scouting
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 08:19:53 PM »
Will be waiting on pictures!

Sent from the Strut Zone
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline OldSchool

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 08:25:45 PM »
I wish you guys the best of luck, seven more long weeks here. Even longer before I can eat fresh fillets. :anim_25:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 08:48:08 PM »
Thanks, was 4 years ago today he killed his first one.