OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

? for you Knoxx stock users

Started by bunk, March 31, 2011, 12:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunk

I just bought a Knox's recoil reducing stock. I have only shot my gun three times with this stock and now it has some play in it. When I got it out of the gun cabinet last night my first thought was my stock was loose. After looking at it, the part that bolted to the receiver is tight, but where the grip and it meet (that would be where it slides back when the gun recoils) there is some up and down play. It feels just like a gun with a loose stock. I did call Blackhawk and they said that it was not normal and they would replace it. My question is to the guys that use this stock has any of you had this happen after the stock has been broke in. If it is going to loosen up after it is shot a few times I don't care to have another one. I had the none recoil stock before and I loved it and had no problems what so ever. I like the stock but if it is going to loosen up after its broke in I will go back with the one like I had. I can shoulder the gun with both hands, and then drop my forend hand as if to hold the gun by just the pistol grip and the barrel will drop down. I can take my forend hand and work my gun up and down at the grip area. Does this make sense?

LongbeardExpress

I have had mine for 2 years and it is still tight as a tick.  I would send it back.  Should that joint come apart on one of those 3 1/2s, it would be a real bad day.

Ryan

bird

bunk

Quote from: LongbeardExpress on March 31, 2011, 01:06:09 PM
I have had mine for 2 years and it is still tight as a tick.  I would send it back.  Should that joint come apart on one of those 3 1/2s, it would be a real bad day.

Ryan
A real bad day. I really hate that it had to happen three days before season opens. I would think for the price this stock cost it should not wobble.

gophert

No problems here...i would say mine is REAL stiff.

hobbes

My son hunted with one last year and I shot it several times at paper and we've never noticed any play in it.

bowhunter84

Quote from: LongbeardExpress on March 31, 2011, 01:06:09 PM

Ryan
:agreed:

chatterbox

I have shot close to 100 rounds through my 535 with the knoxx stock, and she is tight, tight, tight!
No problems here, but that's a bummer you ran into that kind of problem so close to the beginning of the season.
I hope Blackhawk takes care of you.

Gobble!

Sorry to hear that mine has held up well so far ( knock on wood). If its not too late to return it try that. If it is call Black Hawk.

bunk

I did call Blackhawk and they said to return it and they would send me a new one. It would cost me shipping to them, so I gave Opticsales (who I bought it from) a call and they said they would send me a return lable to ship it back with and send me a new one. Would not cost me a cent. They had the best price on this stock and with customer service like that you cant go wrong. Just hope my next Knoxx holds up.

Wolfpack

THis is my fourth season using a Knoxx stock with no problems.
Glad Opticsales is taking care of you, I will check them out.
Planning on getting another one for my 1300.
Dewey

bunk

Opticsales has the best deal I've seen on this stock. They are $92 with free shipping. Cheapest I found was $89 at LG Outdoors but shipping was not free.

gophert

Be careful with Opticsale.  Their customer service is pretty good, but they don't stock all items on their website even though they show they are in stock.  If you need it quick you run the risk of it not showing up. 

How do I know this?  Experience...I finally had to cancel an item cause they could not get it in from the manufacturer....and yes the website said it was in stock.  They did however ship the other items they had in a timely manner. 

tactikel

Gophert is right on, I ordered a Knoxx from Opticsale 2 weeks ago, When I tried to print out my transaction recipt my printer died and I lost the screen. I called customer service the next day to confirm my order. Customer service was very nice, comfirmed my order, and confirmed they were out of stock, and could not give me an idea of a shipping date! (it didnt sound like this item was ever in stock, but a drop ship item) I got my stock 9 days later. The price is super if you have the time.  :anim_25: