OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal flite control wad

Started by cluck, March 03, 2016, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cluck

Iam thinking this is really good. Iam shooting a remington 11-87 20 gauge with a 21 inch barrel. Shell is federal 3 inch premium, with a flight control wad, number 5 shot 1 5/16 ounce shot.pfc258f5. Shooting at 35 yards it will put 92 shot in a 10 inch circle. With a remington super full lead only choke. I tried a undertaker, a full remington, a primos max jelly head and none of these came close to the super full remington. Only cleaning between shots. Would like to try a number 6 load but can't find them locally. Want to put 100 in a 10 inch circle. Does anybody think it can be done? Don't have a camera or I would post a picture. Tell me what you think.      Cluck

surehuntsalot

you can do the "100" with the #6's, but 92 with the 5's is a great hunting pattern, the birds are not bullet proof.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Philippe

Those shells are terrible, but if you are getting those numbers with them then by all means stick with it! That Rem super full is probably the best choke for the 20's, I have not been able to find a choke that can beat it yet. You want to see big numbers, use that Rem super full and the federal heavyweight 6's or 7's. My 20 with this combo will out shoot many 12's.

surehuntsalot

pick up a primos .570 tightwad choke or a .575 Carlson extended and see what you get
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Dr Juice

I would stick with the 92 shot in a 10" circle as long as the pattern is even. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHMTitan

Those are good numbers using #5.  With the FCW #6 lead, I only get on avg 79 at 40y, shooting a 20g Weatherby SA-08 with Indian Creek 0.555 choke.  I tried other chokes, but got the best with the IC.  The shell seems inconsistent, I've had lows of 65, highs of 92.

BINK McCARTY

I hear the Sumtoy 562-5 teamed up with the Fed.HW #7 shot is a great combo!!!!????

Bowguy

I'm not a 20 guy, not a federal guy either but in patterning a bunch of kids guns, some w less than ideal chokes, ,  that shot has been superior to other lead loads. I was very impressed. Some of the kids parents were hard pressed money wise so non toxic loads were out of the question so that loading was even more appreciated

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: cluck on March 03, 2016, 05:09:14 PM
Iam thinking this is really good. Iam shooting a remington 11-87 20 gauge with a 21 inch barrel. Shell is federal 3 inch premium, with a flight control wad, number 5 shot 1 5/16 ounce shot.pfc258f5. Shooting at 35 yards it will put 92 shot in a 10 inch circle. With a remington super full lead only choke. I tried a undertaker, a full remington, a primos max jelly head and none of these came close to the super full remington. Only cleaning between shots. Would like to try a number 6 load but can't find them locally. Want to put 100 in a 10 inch circle. Does anybody think it can be done? Don't have a camera or I would post a picture. Tell me what you think.      Cluck

Here is one of my Fed 6 patterns. It's got some holes and not perfectly even. It's out of a MB 500 and a trulock. Low 150

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

turkeykiller41

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."