OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Sniped  (Read 2101 times)

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Sniped
« on: March 03, 2016, 04:33:32 PM »
How many of you have told other 'trusted' turkey hunting buddies about one of your honey holes and had them sneak in when you weren't there and hunt it?   :angry9:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline jakesdad

• Longbeard
  • NE Missouri
Re: Sniped
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 05:25:31 PM »
I never hear or see any turkeys where I hunt............. ::)

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 05:52:44 PM »
I slipped up and let info leak once to a guy that I considered a trusted friend. The next morning he and two other guys went out to my spot and killed the double-bearded gobbler that I had found and had been hunting for a week. :TrainWreck1:

Now I don't scout, I don't see anything, I don't hear anything, I don't smell anything, I don't hunt.

I have even had to swear my grandson to secrecy about where we hunt together. It is a crying shame, but it has become just like in the military, Don't Ask. Don't Tell.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline Eric Gregg

• Longbeard
  • Charleston,Ms
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 05:55:14 PM »
I have a tendency to let my mouth disclose confidential info in regards to hunting sometimes.
I have learned to keep my mouth shut