News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New York 2016

Started by Dr Juice, March 02, 2016, 03:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Juice

Quote from: NYlogbeards on March 28, 2016, 05:01:48 AM
Haven't seen or heard any but received my Flextone Thunder Chicken decoy the other day!
What do you think of it this far? I guess the real test for its effectiveness will be in the field?!

NYlogbeards

Quote from: mlisandro on March 28, 2016, 05:25:31 AM
Haven't seen or heard any but received my Flextone Thunder Chicken decoy the other day!
What do you think of it this far? I guess the real test for its effectiveness will be in the field?!
I don't know how effective it will be to stalk turkeys with but it will be good for field edges and to run n gun with, the detail is pretty good as well and should fool the turkeys.

catclr

I don't know how effective it will be to stalk turkeys with[/quote]

I hope the above is a miss statement!!!!!!!

tomstopper

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 23, 2016, 09:36:46 AM
I've been getting Txt messages like this the past week from my hunting buddy in NY...

"100 birds flew across the creek this am and are out in the pasture right behind the barn as im milking, you shoulda seen it! counted 15 round fans"

"Drove by Mrs. ______'s farm today and had 3 slobs walk in front of the truck by the gate... ____ said he saw a flock of a dozen 2yr olds and jakes there last week thumping on each other"

"Was up at ____ farm making sure we're good for the youth and Vet hunts again this year. Must have been 50 birds and 10 of them had ropes out by the Island" (7 acre patch of timber surrounded by 1/2 mile of fields on all sides) unbelievably good farm but we can only usually get in to take kids and vets during those hunts and need to give a few old timers at least 2weeks of the regular season before the farm will allow my buddy and I full run of the place.

With a short weak winter I think theres going to be a ton of healthy sized birds running around this spring, as long as its not 90 degrees by mid May we should have a bang up year.
Come on TauntoHawk, fill in the blanks for me...... Sounds like you are going to out numbered this spring. If you need any added protection/help, just give me a shout. Just kidding.  :funnyturkey:  Good luck this spring.

NYlogbeards

Quote from: catclr on March 28, 2016, 08:19:36 PM
I don't know how effective it will be to stalk turkeys with

[/quote]

I didn't miss state what i said but i should clarify that i have no intentions using this decoy to stalk a Turkey and wouldn't be effective or safe to do so, but if you ever watched the videos of guys using the Thunder Chicken to crawl up on Gobblers then you know people probably buy the decoy for that purpose but id advised against it, now its a great decoy to run n gun with and the detail is pretty good.

catclr

Quote from: NYlogbeards on March 29, 2016, 03:28:31 PM
Quote from: catclr on March 28, 2016, 08:19:36 PM
I don't know how effective it will be to stalk turkeys with

I didn't miss state what i said but i should clarify that i have no intentions using this decoy to stalk a Turkey and wouldn't be effective or safe to do so, but if you ever watched the videos of guys using the Thunder Chicken to crawl up on Gobblers then you know people probably buy the decoy for that purpose but id advised against it, now its a great decoy to run n gun with and the detail is pretty good.
[/quote]

Glad to hear your not going to stalk turkeys, and any nut job that does is asking for trouble.

NYlogbeards

Quote from: catclr on March 29, 2016, 08:03:43 PM
Glad to hear your not going to stalk turkeys, and any nut job that does is asking for trouble.

You're telling me, found this on YouTube https://youtu.be/C7JAR59UiuE

Can anyone say death wish!

Dr Juice

Quote from: NYlogbeards on March 29, 2016, 08:47:52 PM

Insane, lmao.

OldSchool

Man, I've seen some less than bright ideas, but this may just take the cake. Isn't this the same guy that was pushing the new choke a while back and shooting birds at crazy ranges? Doug Borries?

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

catclr

Your correct OldSchool, as the dumbest idea. I clicked dislike for the video, and did post a comment, as being dumb as it gets.
I see Bob, you left a comment also on the video.  I also disliked it, or gave it a thumbs down.

OldSchool

Quote from: catclr on March 30, 2016, 11:59:02 AM
Your correct OldSchool, as the dumbest idea. I clicked dislike for the video, and did post a comment, as being dumb as it gets.
I see Bob, you left a comment also on the video.  I also disliked it, or gave it a thumbs down.

I imagine the comments will be there about as long as the one I left regarding his 70 yard shots. I checked back a couple hours later and it had been deleted.

Bob

NYlogbeards

I'm hoping at least this was private property and not done on public prop, either ways its pretty idiotic to have a Turkey as a Helmet.

NYlogbeards

Quote from: OldSchool on March 30, 2016, 11:09:30 AM

Man, I've seen some less than bright ideas, but this may just take the cake. Isn't this the same guy that was pushing the new choke a while back and shooting birds at crazy ranges? Doug Borries?

Bob

I have no idea who this guy is or what other videos he has but if this is the idea he thought of i'm sure the rest aren't any brighter.

OldSchool

8" of snow and 30 - 40+ mph winds here this morning, with another 3 - 4" of snow predicted through tomorrow. I wasn't out this morning and I've seen stranger things, but I would imagine it was pretty quiet here as far as gobbling goes. ;D

Bob

NYlogbeards

Quote from: OldSchool on April 03, 2016, 11:07:03 AM
8" of snow and 30 - 40+ mph winds here this morning, with another 3 - 4" of snow predicted through tomorrow. I wasn't out this morning and I've seen stranger things, but I would imagine it was pretty quiet here as far as gobbling goes. ;D

Bob

I know this sucks, Same high winds and 6" here in Oswego on the ground and cold enough to freeze a turkey's beak off, Winter was pretty kind but don't seem like it wants to leave and i am still looking for a good day to pattern the shotty... wonder if this puts a damper on our season or what?