OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bushnell Trophy 1x28

Started by hawk, February 29, 2016, 10:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk

I just bought one of these Trophy 1x28 red dot sights. Its the one with 4 different reticles/2 colors. I've read lots of good reviews and some not so good. Its new in the box so I guess I could return it to Bushnell if it proves to be a bad one. Anyone use this sight and how do you like it.

bbcoach

I put this one https://www.natchezss.com/bushnell-trophy-6-moa-30mm-red-dot-sight-with-weaver-rings.html on my 835 about 8 years to correct a POA/POI issue and flat LOVE it.  Mine only has the red dot so I can't comment on the multiple colored reticle.  I normally hunt with mine on 1 or 2 illumination as the higher settings cause a Starburst effect.  I've never had a battery issue, just remember to turn the dot off at the end of your hunt.  I do carry a spare battery but have never used it.  Batteries last a long time.  Once you have POA/POI set for your gun, where you put the dot is where the shot goes.  You don't have to have a solid cheek weld and you can turn the gun 90 degrees left or right of vertical and she still shoots POA/POI.  I shoot 3 1/2's through my 835 and have been on numerous trips to Kansas, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Florida over the last 8 years with no issues.  IMO it's the best thing I did to correct the POA/POI issue.  Good Luck.