OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Bushnell Trophy 1x28  (Read 2190 times)

Offline hawk

Bushnell Trophy 1x28
« on: February 29, 2016, 10:06:26 PM »
I just bought one of these Trophy 1x28 red dot sights. Its the one with 4 different reticles/2 colors. I've read lots of good reviews and some not so good. Its new in the box so I guess I could return it to Bushnell if it proves to be a bad one. Anyone use this sight and how do you like it.

Offline bbcoach

• Double Beard
Re: Bushnell Trophy 1x28
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 07:19:15 AM »
I put this one https://www.natchezss.com/bushnell-trophy-6-moa-30mm-red-dot-sight-with-weaver-rings.html on my 835 about 8 years to correct a POA/POI issue and flat LOVE it.  Mine only has the red dot so I can't comment on the multiple colored reticle.  I normally hunt with mine on 1 or 2 illumination as the higher settings cause a Starburst effect.  I've never had a battery issue, just remember to turn the dot off at the end of your hunt.  I do carry a spare battery but have never used it.  Batteries last a long time.  Once you have POA/POI set for your gun, where you put the dot is where the shot goes.  You don't have to have a solid cheek weld and you can turn the gun 90 degrees left or right of vertical and she still shoots POA/POI.  I shoot 3 1/2's through my 835 and have been on numerous trips to Kansas, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Florida over the last 8 years with no issues.  IMO it's the best thing I did to correct the POA/POI issue.  Good Luck.