OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Said goodbye to a dear friend  (Read 3944 times)

Offline pappy

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • 2014 Midwest Best of Class Air operated tube calls
Said goodbye to a dear friend
« on: February 29, 2016, 02:23:31 PM »

Well it is sad to say but i sent out the last of the original Killer Kegs today, found it in the shop hanging on a cabinet ... got him down and played with him, brought back a pile of memories, then by fate, I got a pm from cwaggg here on the site looking for a tube call to start with..."I am interested in trying my first tube call and was wondering if you would be willing to make me one or more than one? I have been researching and see you have several designs. I would trust your judgement as far as what design or designs I should try. Any material you think best would be fine with me. I would appreciate it if you would be willing to make me one and offer some guidance. Thanks, Robert Waggoner"
so we sent him Ol' Faithful....I think he likes it....as he described getting all giddy when he pulled it out of the box....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Offline mspaci

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Said goodbye to a dear friend
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:56:24 PM »
I have one of these, great call

Offline cwaggg

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 06:56:45 PM »
I have to say a big public thank you to pappy :thanks:. I was wanting to try my first tube and wanted to start with a good one. When I sent the message above. He simply replied he had just what I needed he would send it out. When I tried to pay him he unexpectedly replied no payment necessary. A few days later I go to the mailbox and when I open the box I was overwhelmed with what I found inside along with a handwritten note that this was one of the original 12 and his number to call if I needed help. As I told him I was downright giddy. I really felt undeserving of this generous act from a stranger. I feel like I'm holding a little piece of turkey hunting history. I don't know how to repay him, but I will do my best to pay it forward. I am still very new to turkey hunting and am blown away by how many good people there are involved with this sport. Here he is I am already getting some great turkey sounds just need to work on consistency.   

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 07:28:03 PM »
YUP JACK PAPPY IS ONE  HECK OF NICE GUY @ GOOD ALL AROUND CALL MAKER  :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 10:47:01 PM »
Congrats on getting a great call!!

Offline HDSNOOKY

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 07:12:45 AM »
Congrats on a awesome tube from jack  :jesus-cross: