OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: BPS 10 Project-Added photo on recent post.  (Read 6100 times)

Offline Mike Honcho

• Longbeard
Re: BPS 10 Project
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 02:37:03 PM »
Yea I am hoping that .700 Hastings will shoot well with MagBlends! Not sure I want to be the shooter though!

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: BPS 10 Project
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 04:31:09 PM »
I'm sure recoil will be quite the attention getter with that load lol! Does your gun  still have the stock hard rubber recoil pad on it? Mine does and I have been wanting to put a kick eze pad on it but just haven't had it done yet. Need to find someone locally that can do it for me. Fitting a grind to fit pad is a job I don't think I want to try tackling myself yet.

Offline Mike Honcho

• Longbeard
Re: BPS 10 Project __New added photo
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 02:31:11 PM »
Well here is a picture of my BPS 10 gauge project...think I will call it "FrankenTen" as it has three different kinds of camo on it now!

I ended up putting an old Simmons 4X scope on it I had lying around...eye relief is 3" so I may not shoot MagBlends in it this year until I get a different optic.  We shot is 15 times recently with the scope on it with lead Remington turkey loads with no problems.  I will get camo on the scope too before season.

This was a fun project...took a "Safe Queen" that wasn't usable due to the Duratouch coming off the stocks and turned it into a viable turkey killer.

This is going to my grandson this weekend and he'll use some this year...probably on hunts he doesn't have to carry it too far!  Sorry for the busy background in the photo, my messy gun bench.

Honcho

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: BPS 10 Project-Added photo on recent post.
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 03:46:27 AM »
I think it looks pretty wild! I like it!